This has been unfolding just a few miles from us... This is one sick bastard.

08:54 PM CST on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

By WENDY HUNDLEY / The Dallas Morning News

Yaser Abdel Said

Area police continue to search for a man who they believe killed his two teenage daughters and left their bodies in a taxi at an Irving hotel.

Police sealed off a street and surrounded the man's home in Lewisville for more than five hours Wednesday but found that Yaser Abdel Said, 50, a cabdriver, was not inside.
He is being sought in connection with the deaths of Amina Yaser Said, 18, and Sarah Yaser Said, 17.

Both victims died of multiple gunshot wounds, the Dallas County medical examiner's office ruled Wednesday.

About 20 SWAT team members from the Lewisville Police Department and the Denton County Sheriff's Office sealed off the 1000 block of Lakeland Drive and surrounded the modest, one-story home of the Said family for about five hours beginning about 11 a.m.


After shooting tear gas into the home, SWAT officers entered but found no one inside.

Police provided no clues about the motive for the killings. "There are several things we're looking into," said Irving police Officer David Tull, noting that the suspect faces capital murder charges.
Officer Tull said there have been some "domestic issues" with the family, but he did not elaborate.

Police did say they are looking into the possibility that the father was upset with his daughters' dating activities.
"It's something well worth looking into," Officer Tull told WFAA-TV (Channel 8).

Officer Tull said at a news conference that the mother of the victims is cooperating with police and that she and her 19-year-old son are in a safe place. He believes the couple is married, but he didn't know whether they had been living together.

Lewisville police responded to a call at the residence on Dec. 26 on a report of a missing person, Capt. Kevin Deaver said. He did not know who was reported missing or what action was taken to resolve the situation.

Mr. Said, who is from Egypt, has lived in the Dallas area since at least the mid-1980s, records indicate.

Officer Tull said police have received no tips about Mr. Said's whereabouts but said numerous law enforcement agencies are involved in the search. "There's a long investigation ahead of us," he said.

It's unclear which of the sisters called 911 from a cellphone around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. She said she was dying, according to an Irving police report. She did not provide her location, but police traced the call to O'Connor Road and Riverside Drive.

They couldn't find the caller but an hour later, police received another call about two unconscious females inside a taxi at a service entrance of the Omni Mandalay Hotel. Police located the vehicle and found the sisters.

"The victims' mother provided information that pointed to the victims' father as the suspect," the Irving police report stated.
Friends describe Amina and Sarah as quiet but well-liked students at Lewisville High School. They played tennis and soccer and were enrolled in many Advanced Placement classes.

"They were extremely smart like geniuses," said Allison Villarreal, a senior at Lewisville High, where Amina was a senior and Sarah was a junior.

Liz Marines, secretary of the Lewisville High School Student Council, had classes with both of the sisters and also remembers their scholastic abilities.

"Amina was very nice with everybody. She helped me in [Advanced Placement English] class," she said. Sarah was a sophomore when she took an Algebra II class with Liz, who was a junior at the time.

She said the sisters, who wore typical American clothes, didn't talk much about their family. "I didn't know they were Muslims until she told me they were Egyptian and Muslim," Liz said.

She said the Student Council is organizing a prayer vigil at 6 tonight at Lewisville High. Students are being asked to wear pink to school today to honor their friends.

"It's because pink was their favorite color," Liz said.