Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Suspected Serial Robber Shot, Killed in West LA

Suspected Serial Robber Shot, Killed in West LA
    Last Edited: Friday, 04 Jan 2008, 6:43 AM PST Created: Friday, 04 Jan 2008, 6:43 AM PST
    LOS ANGELES -- A suspected serial robber was shot to death in West Los Angeles today during a gunbattle with a police officer, authorities said.

The shooting occurred around 2:15 a.m. on Sawtelle Boulevard between West Olympic and West Pico boulevards when a robbery suspect stopped his car -- a light-colored sedan -- in the middle of the street and pointed a handgun at an officer who was following him, said Sgt. Craig Brown of the Los Angeles Police Department's West Los Angeles Station.

An exchange of gunfire ensued, and the man was fatally wounded, he said. The officer was not hurt.

The identity of the deceased man was not immediately released.

The incident began when an officer began following a car that matched the description of a vehicle involved in several robberies over the past few weeks in Culver City and in areas patrolled by the LAPD's Pacific and West Los Angeles stations, Brown said
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just love happy endings.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information