Welcome to the APBWeb.
    gwebb1981 is offline Officer First Class

Town fires police chief who was convicted of stealing beer from firefighters' fridge

Town fires police chief who was convicted of stealing beer from firefighters' fridge
    Associated Press
    Jan. 9, 2008 10:50 AM
    http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...er0109-ON.html

WILSON, Kan. - A small-town police chief has been fired after he was convicted of stealing beer from the fire department's refrigerator.

The city council in Wilson on Monday fired chief Brian Hill, effective Jan. 25. He has the option of a hearing within the next two weeks.

Hill was arrested Aug. 1 after a surveillance tape showed him taking the beer. He was convicted of misdemeanor theft on Dec. 26 and given probation. He had been suspended without pay pending an appeal of the conviction.

Authorities did not disclose how much beer was stolen, or why it was in the fire department. A warrant put the value of the beer at less than $1,000.

The two departments share a building, and the door separating the offices usually was unlocked, officials said.

The only person by the name of Brian Hill in the Wilson area has an unlisted phone number, so he could not be reached for comment.

I can think of one reason why the beer was in the fridge...

--
    Good things come to those who wait SEIZE THE DAY!!

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    that is shitty. I believe that its against the law to have beer in a city owned fire dept he was just helping the FD not get in trouble

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when I read the title. Yea, it's sad the guy lost his job, but how he lost it is friggin hilarious!

As a side note, we keep some beer in out station for our chili suppers. Beer goes into the chili, not us.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Beer goes into the chili, not us.
    Yeah, right!!! And Bill Clinton didn't have sexual relations with Monica
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Yeah, right!!! And Bill Clinton didn't have sexual relations with Monica
    Define sexual relations.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when I read the title. Yea, it's sad the guy lost his job, but how he lost it is friggin hilarious!

As a side note, we keep some beer in out station for our chili suppers. Beer goes into the chili, not us.

Hells yeah.

Now they are going to tell us you cannot go to firehouses and take a big nasty crap in their toilets. What gives?
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    In my younger days as a police explorer, the police department "donated" the beer that was taken from underage drinkers, owi's... to the fire department.

Thread Information