Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO

"Little People, Big Asshole"

I’ve seen bits and peaces of the show but don’t follow it much.
    After reading some of the statements he seems more like a little prick than a “wholesome individual” to me.

Judge: TV reality star Roloff not guilty of DUI

Judge ruled Thursday morning that an Oregon reality TV show star was not guilty of driving drunk.

Matt Roloff, star of the reality TV show "Little People, Big World" was on trial for supposedly driving impaired on the night of June 19th.

The jury got the case Wednesday and deliberated for three hours before heading home. A guilty verdict on the misdemeanor DUII charge could have meant a year in jail for Roloff.

However, in an unusual twist. the judge learned that jurors had looked up legal terms on the internet in violation of the judge's directions. Roloff then waived his right to a jury trial and petitioned the judge for a directed verdict of not guilty of drunk driving, which the judge rendered Thursday morning.

Roloff still has to pay approximately $600 in fines for two violations: refusing to take a breathalizer test and not maintaining his lane.

Roloff took the stand Wednesday in his own defense.

He answered dozens of questions about the night in June when a Washington County deputy stopped him on suspicion of drunk driving.

Roloff testified he'd had one beer about two hours before the deputy stopped him in Helvetia, not far from his family's farm. Roloff insisted he was not impaired.
    The deputy who arrested the diminutive TV star also took the stand on Wednesday. He said that during the June arrest, an angry Roloff threatened to get the deputy "off the road."

He also said Roloff smelled of alcohol and failed a field sobriety test. Roloff said he refused to take a breathalyzer because he did not trust the deputy.

The defense told the court Roloff was exhausted when he was pulled over and was driving his wife's car, which he was not accustomed to operating.

The attorney implied that the deputy had insufficient information at the time of the arrest.

Both Roloff and his wife have conditions commonly referred to as dwarfism.

The Learning Channel program “Little People, Big World” showcases Matt along with his wife, Amy and their son, Zach, who are little people, and their other three children, who are average size. The Roloffs, who live on a farm in Washington County, say they wanted to do the show to dispel stereotypes about dwarfism. Producers say the show has won a following because it captures the everyday struggles of a wholesome family.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    assbag drunk.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Yeah, I thought it was an interesting show, and watched it some. Then I heard about this, and realized dad is a loser. I stopped watching it.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO

Never woulda saw that comin'
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I always found their show be to interesting also, but I never expected this whole DUI thing to happen with him! He sounds like he was a total prick to the Deputy though...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've stopped watching it since he got the D-dub as well.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I never really like the show, and only a person who knows he is DUI would refuse it.

campuscop is offline Sergeant
    Yea that one beer for him is like a 6-pack for us so yea he was drunk.

Thread Information