Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

S.F. Zoo 911 tapes released

No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Crazy stuff. What was the outcome of that situation?
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    One dead lion........
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-42Adam View Post
    Crazy stuff. What was the outcome of that situation?
    1 tiger dead, one person dead, two wounded (I think) but there is question whether or not the three 'victims' we taunting the tiger or dangling into the enclosure somehow. The experts are saying that even though the fence was lower than recommended, the tiger shouldn't have been able to get out unless severely provoked.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    WORD!
    That is why I always wear my gun to the zoo. I went on a family "safari" type tour. My wife laughed because I took my weapon and a reload.
    I personally do not want to be tiger food. She thought it was stupid of course.
    I found it ironic that our neighbor was recently mauled by a tiger....."gee honey, I bet HE wished he had a handgun with him when his face was being digested by the tiger."
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
    I found it ironic that our neighbor was recently mauled by a tiger....."gee honey, I bet HE wished he had a handgun with him when his face was being digested by the tiger."
    Are Tigers native to Texas?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

NCC1701 is offline Meat Popsicle
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Are Tigers native to Texas?
    Nope, we have them new-fangled zoos here in texas. We had a tiger mauling about a year ago here in SA.
    I don't like repeat offenders I like DEAD offenders-
    Ted Nugent

Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face!

Former member of Cortinian Liberation Front and the JSA MACHATOC.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1701 View Post
    Nope, we have them new-fangled zoos here in texas. We had a tiger mauling about a year ago here in SA.
    no shit.

Well, I carry my gun with me pretty much everywhere anyway....but now I guess I can add Zoo's to the "shall carry" list.

Thread Information