Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO

Aww crap! Pierce County news

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/l...ry/256066.html

Pierce County sheriff deputy held on suspicion of rapeTwo possible on-duty contacts, says Pierce County sheriff’s spokesmanIAN DEMSKY; ian.demsky@thenewstribune.com Published: January 16th, 2008 01:00 AM

Pierce County sheriff’s deputies arrested one of their own officers Tuesday night on suspicion of rape and burglary, department spokesman Ed Troyer said.
    The 27-year-old deputy was booked into the county jail just after 7 p.m. on two counts of first-degree rape and one count of first-degree burglary, online court records show.

He was being held in lieu of $150,000 bail Tuesday night.

The News Tribune is not naming him because he has not been charged.

Troyer said Tuesday that the deputy, a married Iraq war veteran who has been on the force about a year, is suspected of having sexual contact with an intoxicated woman after giving her a “courtesy ride” home last week.

He is alleged to have had sexual contact with her at least twice while on duty. The deputy’s account and the woman’s account did not exactly match, Troyer said. “But either way, we believe there’s a crime that goes with it,” he said. “At this point, there’s no doubt that the two were together.”

The investigation is continuing, but detectives were able to corroborate some aspects of the woman’s story, Troyer said.

The department moved swiftly given the nature of the allegations, but prosecutors may choose to have an outside agency pursue the case, he said.

“We didn’t want it to happen again if it was happening,” Troyer said.

Pierce County Sheriff Paul Pastor said, “It’s our duty to protect victims of crime and we will do so even when the suspect is a law enforcement officer.”

Ian Demsky: 253-597-8872

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ouch. I think I know who that is.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Notice the focus on him being a former vet.

Either way and if true, he is a supreme fucktard.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It is who I thought it was.

He was in court with his mouth open like a mouth breather.

Looked just like any other criminal.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Idiot
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    TACOMA, Wash. -- Pierce County prosecutors on Friday said they will not be filing rape charges against a sheriff's deputy who was accused of sexually assaulting a woman while on duty.

Deputy Joseph S. Qualls will instead face a charge of first-degree criminal trespassing.

Qualls was arrested Monday after a woman he gave a ride home to in early January contacted police and said Qualls sexually assaulted her on two separate occasions.

Deputy Prosecutor Mary Robnett said they looked at every possible charge and decided that the trespassing charge was the only one they could prosecute.

Sheriff spokesman Ed Troyer said Qualls has a perfect record with the department and has never had any disciplinary problems. He's an Iraq war veteran, was president of his police class, and came highly recommended, Troyer said.

-----

For those outside of Washington, here are the elements of the crime.

RCW 9A.52.070

Criminal trespass in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the first degree if he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in a building.

(2) Criminal trespass in the first degree is a gross misdemeanor.
    [1979 ex.s. c 244 § 12; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.52.070.]
    I'm your huckleberry...

Verified LEO
    So if the prosecutor is dropping the rape charges means that aspect of the story is entirely bullshit.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    So if the prosecutor is dropping the rape charges means that aspect of the story is entirely bullshit.

Can't rape the willing.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It means her credibility is shot - which could only mean the first time was consent - or he wouldn't have been there unlawfully the second time.

Lots of variables.
    I'm your huckleberry...

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    One of thoe variables is her past.

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washin....35deaceb.html

Pierce Co. deputy won't face rape charges
    06:17 PM PST on Friday, January 18, 2008
    By CHRIS INGALLS / KING 5 News

Rape charge dropped, but deputy still facing charge of "trespassing with sexual motivation."

TACOMA, Wash. – No rape or burglary charges will be filed against a Pierce County Sheriff's deputy who had sex with an intoxicated woman he drove home while on duty. Investigators say the accuser is a sex offender with a history of making similar, false accusations.

Deputy Joe Qualls, 27, will only face a charge of criminal trespass, according to a sheriff's spokesman.

"He was being held on $200,000 bail. It's been reduced to $10,000 and the charges were amended to trespassing with sexual motivation," said Det. Ed Troyer.

The accuser, 38-year-old Lorenne Owen of Spanaway, refused to speak to KING 5 News after her claims and the case fell apart Friday.

1/16/08: Pierce Co. deputy accused of raping woman on duty
    Qualls was originally facing possible rape charges. He was accused of picking up Owen while she was drunk, walking along the road. She says he forced himself on her that night, then returned to her trailer home on two other nights. On one of those nights, she claims he forced her to commit a sex act again.
    But, detectives pieced together some disturbing information on Owen. "In the past, she has reported allegations of rape that have turned out to be unfounded and we have learned that she in fact is a sex offender from the east coast and was arrested for child rape and pled guilty to some sex crimes back there," said Troyer.

That 1998 case in Pennsylvania involved sex with a 12-year-old boy that Owen was babysitting. Deputies say Owen also made unfounded rape allegations against her boyfriend. She made another last year when she accused police officers who arrested her at the Puyallup Fair.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says it still plans to fire Qualls.
    "He made some very bad judgment calls. There's no disputing there was sexual contact multiple times with this person," said Troyer.

There is a law in Washington that says police cannot have sex with people in their custody, but investigators say Owen was technically not in Qualls' custody because he gave her a "courtesy ride" home that first night.

Owen is under investigation, but so far, she has not been charged with filing a false report.

Qualls has been with the department for about a year. He is an Iraq war veteran.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Thread Information