Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO

Suspects Arrested After Offering Deputies Stolen Doughnuts

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Two men have been arrested after they offered deputies doughnuts believed to have been stolen from an area store.

Deputies said two men wearing western-style clothing approached them Friday morning and offered them some doughnuts.

The deputies, who were preparing to go out on patrol, declined the offer and the two men walked away, talking about buying a bus ticket to Baker City.

Within an hour, the deputies were called to the Lookingglass store, where someone had broken in and taken about $900 in cigarettes, chewing tobacco and doughnuts.
    Shoe prints in the mud outside the door appeared to have been made by cowboy boots, deputies said.

The deputies found the men waiting at a bus station in Roseburg with most of the stolen property still in their backpacks.

The men, identified by deputies as 21-year-old Adam Hancock and 19-year-old Vincent Whitley, were arrested and charged with
    burglary, theft and criminal mischief.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    What do you want to bet that the two "offered" the donuts to the deputies as a way of being a couple of funny-guy smartasses?

Sucks to be a stupid shithead burglar.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

213th is offline Solipsist
    I read 'western style clothing' and thougt it refered to US style clothing....
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    I have said it before and I will say it again.....you have to respect the sheer purity of that kind of stupidity!!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "d'uh"

Sometimes there's nothing else that can be said...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    I'm just baffled by this
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

dogbite1 is offline Jaws with Paws Enforcing Laws!!!
    What a bunch of Di DI DI'S
    To all, Be safe, watch your ass, cover your 6 and not just from the bad guys, and remember to be the sheep dog and not the sheep, (They more often then not get screwed in the end)

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Why does this sound like a deleted scene from "Super Troopers"??
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information