Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

SoCal Teens Accused In Taped Beating Of Retarded Girl

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- Two teenage girls from Orange County have been arrested on suspicion of participating in the videotaped beating of a mentally retarded girl, which was later posted on the social-networking Web site MySpace, police said.

The girls, 14, and both students at Newport Harbor High School, were taken into custody Tuesday for investigation of battery and conspiracy to commit battery, police Sgt. Evan Sailor said.
    The video was posted last week on a MySpace page showing several girls beating the victim at a park.

"It shows them punching and kicking her," Sailor said.
    A man who lives across from the park said he heard the victim screaming and saw one of the suspects approach her. He said the victim was on the ground after the first attack, but then one of the suspects started coming back toward her. "And that's when she jumped up, and she ran across the street and was saying, 'Can you help me?'" he said.

Authorities said they didn't know the motive for the attack, or whether the victim and assailants knew other.

Charges pending against the two 14-year-olds include misdemeanor battery, conspiracy to commit battery and assault with a deadly weapon, because they were kicking her so forcefully with their feet, authorities said.

The video has been removed from the Internet.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    When are people going to stop with the idea that teenagers aren't brutal bastards? The only one I have sympathy for is the victim in this case. The other two need an ass beating and a couple years in juvie, complete with psychotherapy. Not that they'll get either, but that's what they need. At 14, the worst thing that could happen to me was for someone to force me to talk about what was going on inside my brain. Still hate that.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information