Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Copper51 is offline Up all night

Vote for taser use

With the latest taser death here in MN, the local media KSTP has a poll on its website. They want to know if police officers should be able to use tasers. Here is a link to the poll and article: http://kstp.com/article/stories/S316552.shtml?cat=1
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.
    So lay off, I'm offduty and spouting off.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper51 View Post
    With the latest taser death here in MN, the local media KSTP has a poll on its website. They want to know if police officers should be able to use tasers. Here is a link to the poll and article: http://kstp.com/article/stories/S316552.shtml?cat=1

Voted!!

And marked the page so I can't vote often!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I say we appease them and give up every last taser. Then, when a situation comes up that could've been a tasing, we use our batons. When the question comes up over why this guy has two broken kneecaps, we tell them "well, if we would've had tasers, this guy would not have suffered this significant bodily injury." With our department, the taser falls under the "Impact Weapons" slot on the use of force continuum. If I were a suspect who's behavior fell under that category, I sure would rather get tased than had my ass beaten black and blue with a baton.

On a related note, our taser class taught us that the only way a taser could kill you is if you had drugs (mainly PCP) in your system. Is this not true? Taser Instructors? Little help here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    There's a dumb Fort Worth state legislator that some people may remember me mentioning before - He keeps introducing bills that would require you to justify Deadly Force before you could use a Taser.

Fine, I'd rather shoot the SOB anyway, if Deadly Force is justified - Lots better chance of hitting them with a pistol.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Voted. Keep voting guys.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Voting now
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If I were a suspect who's behavior fell under that category, I sure would rather get tased than had my ass beaten black and blue with a baton.
    +1. Voted.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    73.91% for the use of tasers so far. I bet that pisses the media and criminals off.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Why don't people out there realize that this tool was invented to minimize injuries...both to cops and to suspects? It's not a torture tool. In fact, I would rather get tased than OC'd for goodness sake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Why don't people out there realize that this tool was invented to minimize injuries...both to cops and to suspects? It's not a torture tool. In fact, I would rather get tased than OC'd for goodness sake!
    +1. If I don't tase them, I'm going hit them with a baton, strike, or any other means that will cause much greater injury than the taser. I've been tased and OC'd, I would take the taser hit over OC any day.
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    I voted.....but, Hell, I'd rather use a Squad Automatic Weapon instead...so it really doesn't count.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    There was a 21 person jump in taser death from 2003 to 2005 because everytime someone died within a short time frame of being tased, the family screamed it was because of the Taser.

The Taser is a non-lethal force tool. It does not cause deaths. It MAY contribute to an underlying condition (heart problems), or contribute to the sudden onset of a condition (drug use, excited delerium).

If the Taser is so deadly, why hasn't ANYONE been killed by it in training? Why are the only people being "killed" by the Taser, hyped up shitheads on the street?

Underlying causes. Drugs.

Thats why.
    BTW Copper, I hate KSTP....thanks for bringing this up!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Iron Man voted no because Iron Man would rather deploy his ASP baton.

This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Taser has been sued 61 times and has not been found liable one single time...

bzzzt, bzzzt,, keep on tasing 'em
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post

BTW Copper, I hate KSTP....thanks for bringing this up!
    Unfortunately there is no unbiased media in the twin cities, they all lean to the left and slant the news.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    There was a 21 person jump in taser death from 2003 to 2005 because everytime someone died within a short time frame of being tased, the family screamed it was because of the Taser.

The Taser is a non-lethal force tool. It does not cause deaths. It MAY contribute to an underlying condition (heart problems), or contribute to the sudden onset of a condition (drug use, excited delerium).

Voted! Something else of note: They quote the increase of so-called related deaths from 2003 to 2005, yet they don't corrolate the increase in the number of officers carrying the taser or the ratio to the relative deployments. As is typical, only the numbers that work for the media are reported in the article.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Those dirtbags removed the poll - I don't even see the results!

You think it wasn't trending the way they wanted?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Yep, they didn't like the results so they pulled the poll. Fucking media.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    I noticed the poll was missing. What was that about slanting the story? I would have voted shoot instead of tase. Think they would like that?

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Sent to the news room

In your story about the death of Mark Backlund. Should officers use tasers. What happened to the poll, did it get pulled because the poll didnít go the way you wanted and where are the results. Is this the way you run a newsroom? I am sure a person would rather be tased than struck with a baton which will break bones and possibly if the person being struck moves and accidentally gets struck in the head can die also.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information