Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Gun Battle Erupts in Busy Tijuana District

UNION-TRIBUNE
    2:04 p.m. January 17, 2008
    TIJUANA A gun battle began Thursday morning in this city's La Mesa district pitting state and federal police agents and army soldiers against several suspects who barricaded themselves in a house there.

According to the Border News Agency, at least one municipal police officer was wounded.

The incident apparently began when federal police agents and soldiers went to question suspects in a house in the Electricistas neighborhood. Upon their arrival, the people in the house responded with gunfire.

The residents tried to escape, at one point running across roofs, then fled into another house, from which they continued to fire their weapons intermittently throughout the day, the news agency reported.

Police from the various agencies declared a state of emergency and closed off busy thoroughfares in the area. A preschool near the shooting site was evacuated, the agency reported.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Is this news?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Over 50,000 rounds fired.

No injuries reported.

"When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Is this news?
    Well, it made my paper, but I wasn't sure if this makes the news anywhere else.

I think people should know what's really going on in Mexico, and know that the same criminal element is spilling across our borders.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    Well, it made my paper, but I wasn't sure if this makes the news anywhere else.

I think people should know what's really going on in Mexico, and know that the same criminal element is spilling across our borders.
    It was a joke PDawg.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    It was a joke PDawg.
    I figured that!

But I was also kinda curious if this does get out elsewhere.

Thread Information