Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

REPEAT DRUGS OFFENDER GETS A SECOND CHANCE

09:00 - 19 January 2008

A Drug dealer peddled crack cocaine and heroin in St Ann's after he was harassed to pay off an earlier debt, a court heard.

Michael Walters, 24, started dealing again after he was released from a four-and-a-half-year sentence in a young offenders' institution for possessing crack cocaine.

Nottingham Crown Court heard he still owed for the drugs he lost when he was caught previously.

Police found he been dealing the drugs to different men over the course of a week.

Walters was seen to hand over heroin from a stash of about 50 wraps, the court heard.

And he used a "runner" to fetch a wrap of heroin and crack cocaine last April.

Judge Tony Mitchell sentenced him to a year in prison, suspended for three years, and to 150 hours' unpaid work in the community.

He told Walters: "Persons who engage in the supply of class A drugs are part of a chain that brings about misery and cause great harm, and you have been involved in that for most of your teenage life.

"You received a very substantial sentence for dealing in these drugs.

"I have no doubt what has been said on your behalf is true; that the minute you got out you were deemed to have a debt you had to pay and the only way out of that debt was to begin dealing again.

"You know the result of that."

Walters admitted supplying the drugs.

His barrister, Adrian Langdale, said his client lived with a long-term partner in Cameo Close, Colwick.

The judge concluded he would give Walters a chance but ordered that Walters must reappear before him if he offended again.

Nottingham Evening Post

What a joke guy goes to prison for drug dealing comes out and starts dealing again so they give him a community order and a suspended sentence

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post
    09:00 - 19 January 2008

A Drug dealer peddled crack cocaine and heroin in St Ann's after he was harassed to pay off an earlier debt, a court heard.

Michael Walters, 24, started dealing again after he was released from a four-and-a-half-year sentence in a young offenders' institution for possessing crack cocaine.

Nottingham Crown Court heard he still owed for the drugs he lost when he was caught previously.

Police found he been dealing the drugs to different men over the course of a week.

Walters was seen to hand over heroin from a stash of about 50 wraps, the court heard.

And he used a "runner" to fetch a wrap of heroin and crack cocaine last April.

Judge Tony Mitchell sentenced him to a year in prison, suspended for three years, and to 150 hours' unpaid work in the community.

He told Walters: "Persons who engage in the supply of class A drugs are part of a chain that brings about misery and cause great harm, and you have been involved in that for most of your teenage life.

"You received a very substantial sentence for dealing in these drugs.

"I have no doubt what has been said on your behalf is true; that the minute you got out you were deemed to have a debt you had to pay and the only way out of that debt was to begin dealing again.

"You know the result of that."

Walters admitted supplying the drugs.

His barrister, Adrian Langdale, said his client lived with a long-term partner in Cameo Close, Colwick.

The judge concluded he would give Walters a chance but ordered that Walters must reappear before him if he offended again.

Nottingham Evening Post

What a joke guy goes to prison for drug dealing comes out and starts dealing again so they give him a community order and a suspended sentence
    "Stop, or I shall be forced to tell you to stop again"

Unreal, I'm sure the guy won't be dealing any dope anytime soon, I mean really, the judge said he'll really do it next time.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information