Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Ex-PTA President Accused Of Sex With Boys

Ex-PTA President Accused Of Sex With Boys

POSTED: 11:39 am EST January 22, 2008
    UPDATED: 3:41 pm EST January 22, 2008

NEW CITY, N.Y. -- A former prosecutor and PTA leader had sex with two boys, shared marijuana and alcohol with other teens and and kept it all a secret from her police chief husband, officials said Tuesday.
    Beth Modica, 44, a mother of four, was indicted on 35 counts alleging statutory rape, criminal sex acts, sex abuse and endangering children. Wearing an olive-gray suit and handcuffs, she pleaded not guilty at her arraignment in Rockland County Court and was ordered held on $75,000 bail.
    "These are serious charges, against children in her community," said Judge Catherine Bartlett. The judge issued orders of protection for the two boys involved, whose names were not made public. District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said Modica had intercourse and oral sex with a 16-year-old boy and oral sex with a 15-year-old boy last summer, and on several occasions served and shared alcohol and marijuana with "many" other teens from Suffern High School at her Sloatsburg home or in her car.
    Ramapo police Chief Peter Brower, whose force covers Sloatsburg, said the investigation began Dec. 31, when his department received a complaint in the mail. He would not say who sent it.
    Modica was an assistant district attorney in Queens and Rockland in the 1980s and 1990s, and until this month was attorney for the Town of Ramapo and the village of Sloatsburg but was not reappointed to the yearly term. The district attorney, who took office a few weeks ago, said he saw no conflict in his office prosecuting the case.
    Zugibe said Modica's husband, Spring Valley police Chief Paul Modica, "was not involved, was unaware and was not present when the alleged acts occurred. ... I have only the greatest respect for Chief Modica." He would not comment on whether the couple's four children, including a son at the high school, were aware of the alleged crimes.
    Beth Modica's lawyer, Gerard Damiani, said the couple, who had lived in Sloatsburg, had separated. He said she is living with her mother, who was in court but did not comment.
    Modica is a former PTA president at Sloatsburg Elementary School.
    Paul Modica's lawyer, John Edwards, said, "Paul's sole interest at this point is protecting his children. ... He's trying to make sure the kids are impacted as little as possible."
    If convicted of rape or criminal sex acts, Beth Modica would face 16 months to four years in prison.
    Arguing that his client should be freed without bail, Damiani said, "Her character has never been questioned except for these allegations." He said she was in good standing with the state bar association.
    Police launched the investigation after a letter was sent to them by a parent encouraging a probe.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yikes!!! Talk about cruel and usual punishment.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

Ya got that right!!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Yikes!!! Talk about cruel and usual punishment.

you know you'd hit that..10 times
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    you know you'd hit that..10 times
    Yeah, especially when I was in High School

Why didn't I have teachers & PTA parents like her? I feel like I had an under-priviledged childhood everytime I hear about something like this

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Bosco3379 is offline I'm the one in the middle
    Lawd Jesus!

Even I wouldn't hit that, and I hit everything warm or with a pulse!
    Former member of the LNC

Will take verbal abuse for spare change

Some Of My Wicked Awesome Signature Banners

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well, maybe she looks better when you're drunk and stoned?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Kpdpipes is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    After seeing that picture there's no WONDER Booze nd Grass were involved...even as a Priaptic 13 YO pervert i dont think i'd have hit that. Not that im a pervert anymore or anything..now i'm just "Friendly"

Thread Information