Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Thumbs down Way to go Mayor of Detroit

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15124272/detail.html

DETROIT -- Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick could face charges of perjury after new revelations that he lied under oath when he testified last summer that he did not have an extramarital affair.Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy is planning a news conference at 10 a.m. Friday to make an announcement on the case, which will be streamed live on ClickOnDetroit.com.Personal text messages between Kilpatrick and his chief of staff, Christine Beatty, were obtained by the Detroit Free Press and publicly release Wednesday night. The sexually charged messages explicitly indicated that a relationship did exist. "I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days," reads one message sent by Kilpatrick to Beatty on Oct. 16, 2002, "relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love.""I'm madly in love with you," Kilpatrick wrote on Oct. 3, 2002."I hope you feel that way for a long time," Beatty replied. "In case you haven't noticed, I am madly in love with you, too!"On Sept. 13, 2002, the mayor wrote to Beatty: "They were right outside the door. They [the mayor's bodyguards] had to have heard everything..."Beatty wrote back: "So we are officially busted! LOL"Both Beatty and Kilpatrick denied a relationship existed when they testified in a whistleblower case brought by two former Detroit police officers who claimed they were fired for investigating the mayor's extramarital affair.The officers were awarded $6.5 million by a Wayne County jury. In total, the case has cost the city more than $9 million.There has been no comment so far from Wayne County officials on whether the mayor and his aide will be charged with perjury.On Wednesday night, Kilpatrick released a statement to the media expressing his embarrassment at the release of the messages and asking the public to respect his family's privacy."These five- and six-year-old text messages reflect a very difficult period in my personal life. It is profoundly embarrassing to have these extremely private messages now displayed in such a public manner."My wife and I worked our way through these intensely personal issues years ago. I would now ask that the public and the media respect the privacy of my wife and children and of Christine Beatty and her children at this deeply painful moment for our families."Sheila Cockrel, a member of the Detroit City Council, agreed that the families must be going through a difficult time and urged sympathy for the children who are "impacted by these revelations."However, Cockrel said, Kilpatrick needs to take responsibility."This is about leadership," Cockrel said, "and taking responsibility for our actions as elected officials is very important."
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick testified under oath last year that he did not have a relationship with his chief of staff, Christine Beatty. But the Detroit Free Press obtained nearly 14,000 text messages from Beatty's city-issued pager. Many of the messages describe a sexual relationship between the pair. Excerpts of the pair's exchanges, as posted on the newspaper's Web site: Sept. 12, 2002, 10:38 p.m., during trip to Washington, D.C. Christine Beatty: Can I just come and lay down in your room until you get back? Kwame Kilpatrick: Yes. Sept. 13, 2002, 9:02 a.m. (the next morning) Kilpatrick: They were right outside the door. They (the mayor's bodyguards) had to have heard everything... Beatty: So we are officially busted! LOL Kilpatrick: LOL LOL! Damn that. Never busted. Busted is what you see! LOL. ... Beatty: LOL, LOL. Damn, so they have to walk in before you conceed busted! LOL. Kilpatrick: Hell yeah. Walk in. Sept. 15, 2002, 3:38 a.m. (still in Washington) Beatty: I'm on my way to your room now. But by the time you get there I'll be sleep and it will be 5am! Kilpatrick: I got something for you. Beatty: LOL. Is that so? I'm in your room. Don't let Mike check it (an apparent reference to Mike Martin, a bodyguard who often traveled with the mayor). Are you in route or still hanging? What do you have for me? Sept. 24, 2002, 6:56 p.m. Beatty: This is one of those little things I had to tell you. Last night when I was laying on your shoulder in the car and you held my face and sang whatever song it was, that felt so good. It was just one of those little moments when you just made me fall some more. Sept. 28, 2002, 11:53 p.m. Beatty: Where are you now? Kilpatrick: At home waiting for all EP (executive protection unit officers) to leave. Where are you? Beatty: At the residence inn in Madison hgts. Kilpatrick: What rm? Beatty: I'm in room 311 in bldg 3 in the back. Oct. 7, 2002, 11:20 p.m. Beatty: OK, I'm feeling like I want another night like the most recent Saturday at the Residence Inn! You made me feel so damn good that night. As you can see I can't let it go! ... Kilpatrick: I feel that we can do that in WV (West Virginia) + just relax together. I need you soooo bad. I want to wake up in the morning and you are there. Make it happen. Love ya. Oct. 8, 2002, 10:18 a.m. Kilpatrick: I'm fine. Need a break. I want to get out of town w/you. Check on resorts outside of Houston. Oct. 16, 2002, 11:48 p.m. Kilpatrick: I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days...relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love. Oct. 31, 2002, 5:28 p.m. Kilpatrick: I'll feel better once I'm holding you. Beatty: You didn't say whether or not we are trying for some time tonight. Kilpatrick: Definitely. I'm getting a room. Damn that! Beatty: LOL. Okie dokie. April 8, 2003, 8:55 p.m. Kilpatrick: I'm at Laker game. The security doesn't believe I'm mayor. Mike is pulling out all kind of shirt to prove it. Beatty: And, did you miss me, sexually? Kilpatrick: Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. Don't sleep! May 5, 2003, midnight Kilpatrick: That's the first time that I couldn't fully seduce you. My game is off. LOL! Thanx for the conversation and the QT! Love you! Beatty: LOL! Your game is way on baby! "you had me at hello!" Jerry McGuire 2000. LOL. I just didn't want to get caught.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15131777/detail.html

___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

He needs to resign, he is corrupt beyond all belief and is fucking ruining the city. He takes credit for all the shit mayor Archer did. I hope he gets fucked but knowing city politics all that will come of this is a fucking slap on the wrist!!

___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-

213th is offline Solipsist
    oops. he's in for it now
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fed View Post
    He needs to resign, he is corrupt beyond all belief and is fucking ruining the city. He takes credit for all the shit mayor Archer did. I hope he gets fucked but knowing city politics all that will come of this is a fucking slap on the wrist!!
    I was just talking to my sister about this a few minutes ago - Kwame is and always has been a thug, a liar, a thief, and he is ruining the city. Virtually every single one of his cronies is part of his Cass Tech (high school) crowd, including Christine Beatty. I hope he gets exactly what he deserves from this.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fed View Post
    You are probably right. Here's another famous mayor who received a wrist slap and he's still around in politics.

Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) is an American politician who served as the second elected mayor of the District of Columbia from 1979 to 1991, and again as the fourth mayor from 1995 to 1999. He was the target of a high-profile 1990 arrest on drug charges, which precluded him from seeking reelection that year. After he was convicted of the charges, Barry served 6 months in prison, but was elected to the D.C. council in 1992 and ultimately to the mayoralty in 1994, serving a second term from 1995 to 1999. Today, Barry serves on the Council of the District of Columbia, representing Ward Eight, which comprises Anacostia and Congress Heights.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Ah the wonderful world of politics.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Politicians lie throughout their campaigns, and yet somehow we manage surprise when they're busted lying while in office and / or under oath.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Nothing like corruption, lack of moral terpitude and dishonesty to pull a city together............NOT!!!!!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    You gotta love the Investigating Public Newspapers,

Sounds like this cat is in for a treat. Wonder if he still wants to hold her all night long
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    My question is why were the police investigating his affair?
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    It may have stemmed from the dead stripper incident, or maybe the hookers at his house party.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OffDuty View Post
    My question is why were the police investigating his affair?
    Or maybe they just don't like him either, and figured they could peg him with misuse of city equipment.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information