Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Are Teens today getting crazier than when I was growing up!?!?!

Calif. teen arrested for plotting to hijack plane

Passenger detained in Nashville; handcuffs, rope, duct tape found in his bag

updated 1 hour, 20 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A teenage passenger from California was arrested in Nashville for plotting to hijack a plane from Los Angeles to Nashville, the FBI said Friday.
    FBI spokesman George Bolds told The Associated Press the 16-year-old boy was removed from Southwest Airlines Flight 284 Tuesday night by authorities at Nashville International Airport and found with "suspicious" items.
    Bolds said the teen had handcuffs, rope and duct tape in his bag and was believed to be traveling alone. The juvenile's name has not been released.

"His plan had a low probability of success," Bolds said.
    Southwest Airlines spokeswoman Brandy King could not provide additional details. Airport spokeswoman Emily Richard declined to provide additional information because the passenger is a minor.
    Messages left by The Associated Press with the Department of Homeland Security were not immediately returned.
    The teen is in custody at Davidson County Juvenile Detention Center, where he faced state charges, but Bolds did not comment on what the charges were. He said he expects federal charges to come.
    A juvenile court judge will decide whether to release the teenager. Court Administrator Tim Adgent said a hearing at 3:30 p.m. EST on Friday will determine whether the juvenile should remain in custody or "if there are other avenues for his release."

FBI's Bolds dismissed earlier broadcast reports that the teen was planning to crash the plane into a "Hannah Montana" concert in Lafayette, La.
    Bolds said it has not been determined if the boy was trying to crash the plane. He said authorities searched the teen's home in California and found a mock cockpit.
    The teen is believed to be suicidal, Bolds said. Bolds said he could not comment further on the teen's mental condition because he is a minor.
    Bolds said the teen was calm throughout the flight and never made an attempt to hijack the plane but told the FBI after he was apprehended about his original plans to commandeer the aircraft.
    The Transportation Security Administration did not immediately return a message seeking comment to determine if the items were banned from air travel. TSA did not list the items the teen was carrying on its Web site as prohibited.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22840242
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    "His plan had a low probability of success," Bolds said.
    Unless his plan was to have an Air Marshal punch his ticket, that is.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Within the last 10 years or so, since Columbine, kids have become more and more brazen and have acted out on their suicidal thoughts.

If there is anyone to blame, who should we blame? the parents, the school system, the kids themselve?

I just don't know.

As a brand new father, I'm concerned about son when he gets older and starts school. I know I will do my best to instill good values in him but I'm almost nervous to send him to school. Seems like schools are not as safe as it used to be when I was growing up.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I got the same worries.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Illiy is offline Corporal
    My daughter will be 9 soon... and I have that little girl on such a tight leash (and have had her on one since she could walk) that she knows the difference between right and wrong... she knows what values and morals are and she knows that it is important to be a good person. I do my best to talk to her about the other kids she goes to school with and how they act and what she thinks about it. I know that as she gets older it will be harder, but I also know that all I can do is keep the lines of communication open and watch her like a hawk...

A lot of parents don't know what their kids are doing anymore... either they are too busy or just dont care...

Never be too busy for them...
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Verified LEO
    [quote=Illiy;315399]

Never be too busy for them...[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Case study, my in laws, my brother and sister in law had 3 girls. The oldest was brought up the right way no makeup till 17 dating started at about 16 and then only limited. Her parents divorced and the other two were allowed co-ed sleepovers at friends houses and it was a battle between mommy and daddy to see who could be their best friend, not parent. The other two got into drugs one has a bi-racial baby boy and barely pays attention to it. Her mom and aunt do most of the raising of him the other girl has been in jail about 3 times meanwhile the oldest is married, working and taking care of her husbands two teens and their 7 year old.

Moral of the story: bring them up the old way.

Just my view, or was that a rant. I can't tell anymore.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    trying to crash into a Hannah Montana concert...

wow, is she that awful? i thought she was kid friendly!

Thread Information