Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Sheriff emailed political cartoon... religious leaders call for his resignation

Not sure if this is a repost...

HOUSTON -- A group of religious leaders has called for the Harris County sheriff's resignation, KPRC Local 2 reported Thursday.

The Houston Ministers Against Crime said Sheriff Tommy Thomas should step down after a cartoon about the Rev. Al Sharpton and the Rev. Jesse Jackson was found in his e-mails.

The group said Thomas sent an e-mail containing a cartoon drawing of Sharpton and Jackson making a wish that hatred and bigotry go away. Sharpton and Jackson disappear in the next drawingracial e-mails sent by District Attorney Chuck Rosenthal.

"We call for their resignations," the Rev. Robert Jefferson said. "Every time it comes up we're going to step up to the plate and we're going to say something about it because it's not right. Not only that, we're going to take it further. You will see lawsuits filed and everything we possibly can."

"As long as this present regime is in office, black folk will never get any justice," the Rev. James Nash said.

The sheriff's office did not have an official reaction to the call for Thomas' resignation. A representative said the sheriff has always thought of the cartoon in question as a political satire.

FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Proof positive that the biggest racists are those featured in the cartoons. And in the churches.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    there was something wrong with that?

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class

Cartoon

I'll write something with a little more substance when I can stop laughing. That shit is hilarious!!!!
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    seems like 1st amendment to me...and it's not like he drew the freaking cartoon. seems to me like they outta find the artist and bother his ass about this, not the guy who received the e-mail. i get a lot of weird e-mails. the FBi isn't investigating me for human trafficking because i got a russian mail-order bride mail the other day.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    there was something wrong with that?
    Yes. Somebody was accusing two black men of being racists and bigots. We can't have any of that going on can we? What a bunch of crap. People need to learn to lighten up.
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    i get a lot of weird e-mails. the FBi isn't investigating me for human trafficking because i got a russian mail-order bride mail the other day.....
    Are you really certain about that?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information