Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Got To Love This Crooked County

Judge hires ex-'warlord'

CAMPAIGN '08 | Hyman calls Gator Bradley a changed man who brings 'my message to the African-American community'

January 28, 2008
    BY FRANK MAIN Crime Reporter/fmain@suntimes.com

Wallace "Gator" Bradley, left, was paid $13,000 last year to advise Cook County judicial candidate Michael Hyman.
    (Sun-Times files)

Last fall, Hyman's campaign paid former gang enforcer Wallace "Gator" Bradley $11,500 for "community relations" and consulting, state election records show.
    "Of all the people he could have chosen -- reverends, community leaders -- to hire someone like Gator Bradley, a self-admitted warlord for the Gangster Disciples, is a serious lapse in judgment," Sexton said.
    Bernie Murray, chief of the state's attorney's criminal prosecutions bureau and a Sexton supporter, agreed.
    "It's kind of surprising a judge would hire a former gang member as his liaison to get out the vote," Murray said.
    But Hyman defended his decision to put Bradley on his campaign's payroll.
    Bradley -- a convicted burglar and armed robber and a prominent figure in the Gangster Disciples street gang in the 1990s -- is a changed man, Hyman said.
    Bradley has worked on campaigns for Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and Cook County Court Clerk Dorothy Brown and was a logical choice to "help get my message to the African-American community," Hyman said.
    "Mr. Sexton has his prosecutor hat on too tightly," he said. "He is running for judge, and a judge must understand the meaning of fairness, the value of compassion and the profound significance of rehabilitation."Bradley said he has taken Hyman from church to church, introducing him to potential voters."I have the pulse of the black community," Bradley said.
    Bradley has been a fixture in Chicago politics since the 1990s, when he ran for alderman under the banner of 21st Century V.O.T.E., which prosecutors said was the political arm of the Gangster Disciples.In 1997, Bradley testified in the trial of Gangster Disciples chief Larry Hoover, who was sentenced to life in prison.According to the court transcript, prosecutor Ron Safer asked Bradley: "You were an enforcer for the Gangster Disciples, right?""I was an enforcer for the Gangsters," Bradley answered.
    "You were a warlord? Is that right?" Safer said."That's right. . . . I had a position to keep peace," Bradley responded.Recently, he worked for former Death Row inmate Aaron Patterson's legal team in a lawsuit against the city. Bradley's job title was "urban translator." Earlier this month, Patterson agreed to a $5 million settlement. Bradley says he is owed $250,000 for his services."I went from the streets to the federal courthouse," Bradley said. "I am not out there collecting street tax, gang-banging. For 30 years, I have been preparing the youth to put down the bullet and take up the ballot."
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Then Again, Running for Judge

The current judge is Anita Rivkin-Carothers, who lists director of the 29th Ward (Ald. Ike Carothers) as past employment. She of course was recently "appointed" and is "highly recommended," whatever that means. Not his wife, but I would guess she is his sister.

--------------------------------------

Anita Rifkin-Carothers was /is Larry Hoover's girlfriend. She has visited him over 50 times in prison and that was while he was in state prison. The feds picked her up on the wire in prison. Great choice for judge. My fucking ass.

Source:
    http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Thread Information