Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized

Kudos to Montel Williams

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Montel's stock just jumped in my book as well. Bravo.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Well he is right up there with Ben Stein

I'm glad TV folk aren't all scum.

Good Post.
    Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    He did basically the same thing when princess Diana died. Major kudos.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    finally somebody who is in hollywood without their head up their collective asses. My hats off to both Montel and Mr Stein
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Death Detective is offline I work for the victim

Not to fast

This is a 180 from what he usually does. I think his bringing this up is to knock the President. Over the years Montel has been one of the most liberal talk show hosts on TV. He is usually putting down cops and playing the race card. He has all these s##t bums on telling how the "Man" didn't treat them right and he has stirred up more s##t in police departments than you can count. Several of his accusations have been proven false but when confronted with the truth he ignores it. I agree with him on this point but I'll still reserve judgement.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Good job Montel!

Stalker263 is offline OPS SGT
    Verified LEO
    For a brief moment I thank Montel, he will piss me off before to long though!
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory!
    Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Fox Stations and Montel's TV career

Shortly before Fox-owned and operated television stations in major markets terminated Montel's talk-show contract, Montel appeared in an interview on Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, and was asked to discuss Heath Ledger's death. He used the interview to point out that TV networks had continued to extensively cover Mr. Ledger's death while ignoring the deaths of 28 US soldiers in Iraq since the beginning of the year. Montel expressed sympathy for Mr. Ledger's family and remorse for his passing but also encouraged the three interviewers to recognize the absence of coverage for the US soldiers killed in Iraq. The interviewers pointed out that they covered the death of soldiers as well but that their audience also wanted celebrity news. Montel suggested that US news networks had the capacity to lead the country's attitudes by placing just as much importance on US deaths in Iraq as on the deaths of celebrities. Montel noted that he had awoken that morning very saddened by the unknown names of those slain in Iraq and was further saddened when he could not find their names on the web.
    Three minutes into this awkward segment on Fox, one host cut off Montel in order to go to a commercial. Montel did not return after the break.

Four days later, after 17 years as a television host, Montel lost his job.

Military career

Williams enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1974 and completed his recruit training at MCRD Parris Island, South Carolina. While training at Twentynine Palms, he was selected for training at the Naval Preparatory School and a year later, he was accepted into the United States Naval Academy. In 1980, he graduated with a degree in engineering and a minor in international security affairs. Upon graduation, Williams was commissioned as an Ensign in the United States Navy.

Williams served on board the USS Sampson during the U.S. invasion of Grenada. His awards include the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, two Navy Expeditionary Medals, two Humanitarian Service Medals, a Navy Achievement Medal, two Navy Commendation Medals and two Meritorious Service Medals. He retired after 22 years of military service as either a Lieutenant, or a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Imaginary REP points being sent to Montel.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    My hats off to Montel
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Code6 is offline Beep,Beep!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Detective View Post
    This is a 180 from what he usually does. I think his bringing this up is to knock the President. Over the years Montel has been one of the most liberal talk show hosts on TV. He is usually putting down cops and playing the race card. He has all these s##t bums on telling how the "Man" didn't treat them right and he has stirred up more s##t in police departments than you can count. Several of his accusations have been proven false but when confronted with the truth he ignores it. I agree with him on this point but I'll still reserve judgement.

OUT FREAKING STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it really is all about?

Police others as you would have them Police you.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    Fox Stations and Montel's TV career

Four days later, after 17 years as a television host, Montel lost his job.
    Wow, good info. I'd like to see this one play out.
    Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Interesting!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

janego10 is offline Rookie
    good on you Montel, my dad has an autographed picture he gave to me of Montel congratulating me in writing on my commission as an officer in the US Navy after meeting him personally.
    why dont you kick yourself out you're an immigrant too.

Thread Information