Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Talking Give me my Taser now!!

" The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    "...Cook County trauma unit that studied pigs over the last two years. In one test, 11 pigs were hit with 40-second electrical bursts. After a 10-second delay, they were zapped again for 40 seconds. The bursts caused "significant rhythm problems," and two pigs died of ventricular fibrillation, Dennis said."

Holy crap, 40 seconds, x2??? Damn skippy a couple of them died. It's the difference between a couple of well placed strikes to subdue someone, and beating them half to death. Morons!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Holy crap, 40 seconds, x2??? Damn skippy a couple of them died. It's the difference between a couple of well placed strikes to subdue someone, and beating them half to death. Morons!

Not to mention it was a pig. Poor little bastard.
    Those who live by the sword... get shot by those who don't.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xnvyflyer View Post
    Not to mention it was a pig. Poor little bastard.
    Not just one, there were 11 of them. Two died. Any bets on PETA jumping in? I think they would be better test subjects than the pigs, anyhow.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Mmmmmm, bacon.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Not just one, there were 11 of them. Two died. Any bets on PETA jumping in? I think they would be better test subjects than the pigs, anyhow.
    oh you know PETA is gonna have something to say about that.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    Who's gonna hit some one for 40sec then another 40sec. Bull Shit!

2525 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Typical.

The anti-taser camp will try and do anything to discredit Taser, including conducting a test which basically amounts to electrocuting an animal to death, no matter how long it takes.

They might as well do "tests" on police batons and beat an animal over the head with it until it dies and claim batons are lethal weapons and should be taken from the police.

Oh, how I grow weary of the moron faction of this society.
    "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."

"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer. "

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by 2525 View Post
    Typical.

The anti-taser camp will try and do anything to discredit Taser, including conducting a test which basically amounts to electrocuting an animal to death, no matter how long it takes.

They might as well do "tests" on police batons and beat an animal over the head with it until it dies and claim batons are lethal weapons and should be taken from the police.

Oh, how I grow weary of the moron faction of this society.
    +1!!!!
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

Thread Information