Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Thumbs up Suspect In Kansas Killings Caught in Denton, Texas

This went down just a few miles North of us today...

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedconten....8be364b7.html

By Donna Fielder / Staff Writer

A national manhunt ended at a Motel 6 in Denton this morning with the arrest of Andrew Anthony Guerrero and the rescue of his 3-year-old son, Seth.

DRC/Barron Ludlum
    Denton police arrested Andrew Anthony Guerrero, 23, at the Denton Motel 6, near Interstate 35 and University Drive. His3-year-old son who was with him was found safe. He is a person of interest in connection with the death of a Kansas woman and her infant daughter.

Guerrero is a suspect in the Kansas City deaths of his estranged wife and her 8 month-old daughter who is not Guerrero’s biological child. He also was suspected of taking his son on his cross-country flight to escape.

Denton police, Denton County Sheriff’s deputies and Lewisville SWAT team members cooperated to take Guerrero unaware as he stepped out of a motel room and headed toward his truck at 8:40 a.m.

The tactical team officers had waited, hidden from sight, most of the night to avoid a confrontation with Guerrero in the presence of his child, said Denton Police Officer Jim Bryan. The clerk at the motel on the Interstate 35 service road near University Drive identified Guerrero’s photograph as one of his customers, and the suspect had used his own name to register.

Andrew Anthony Guerrero

Bryan said it was a good end to a potentially bad situation. Guerrero had threatened suicide on his My Space
    Web site, and police feared he would harm the boy if he found out he was about to be captured, he said.

“The boy is safe, and Guerrero is in city jail at this time. We expect Kansas City police to arrive to question him,” Bryan said.
    Denton police towed the truck to the city impound and seized evidence in the room so it could be turned over to the Kansas agency, he said.

It started in Denton with a “be on the lookout” call because signs indicated Guerrero might be in the area, said Sheriff’s Captain Jeff Wawro. The alert was for the man and boy and for a silver Nissan truck with a Kansas license plate.

“The BOLO went out and we had a reserve officer who took it on himself to check all the hotel parking lots,” Wawro said. “He found it in the motel parking lot and notified his supervisor. We called out our SWAT team and notified Denton police, since it is in their jurisdiction.”

Tactical team members and other officers from the three agencies made a plan and quietly surrounded the motel. They released no information to the media and kept reporters and cameras far from the action to ensure that Guerrero did not turn on the television and learn that he had been located.

ALSO ONLINE Amber Alert suspect arrested in Denton

“It was a great cooperative effort,” Wawro said. “We all have different resources, and it went smoothly.”
    The Texas Department of Public Safety issued an Amber Alert for the boy Sunday night. Officials believed Guerrero was trying to get to Mexico with him.
    Guerrero was a soldier who returned to find that his estranged wife had given birth to another man’s daughter, according to reports from Kansas City.
    Kansas City police found the woman and baby girl dead of gunshot wounds in her home about 11 a.m. Sunday and the boy missing.
    According to the reports, Guerrero’s Web site contained a photograph of Seth and the words “This is the day that I die. Farewell.”
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    This is a bad dude. And a sick mo fo.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Great catch! One more Adam-Henry off the streets. I hope KS has the death penalty - he deserves it!!!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Great catch! One more Adam-Henry off the streets. I hope KS has the death penalty - he deserves it!!!
    We do but its under review by the KS Supreme Court.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Thread Information