Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Heavy cell phone use tied to poor sperm quality

Heavy cell phone use tied to poor sperm quality

Men who talked more than 4 hours a day had lowest counts, study says

updated 1:48 p.m. ET, Wed., Feb. 6, 2008

NEW YORK - Spending hours on a cell phone each day may affect the quality of a man’s sperm, preliminary research suggests.
    In a study of 361 men seen at their infertility clinic, researchers at the Cleveland Clinic found an association between the patients’ cell phone use and their sperm quality.
    On average, the more hours the men spent on their cell phones each day, the lower their sperm count and the greater their percentage of abnormal sperm.

The findings, published in the journal Fertility and Sterility, add to questions about the potential health effects of cell phones and other wireless devices. Some studies, for example, have linked long-term cell phone use to a higher risk of brain tumors, though many other studies have found no such connection.

The concern is that, over time, the electromagnetic energy emitted from mobile phones could theoretically harm body tissue — by damaging DNA, for example.
    However, the new findings do not prove that cell phones somehow damage sperm, according to the researchers.
    “Our results show a strong association of cell phone use with decreased semen quality. However, they do not prove a cause-and- effect relationship,” lead researcher Dr. Ashok Agarwal told Reuters Health.
    He and his colleagues based their findings on semen samples from 361 men who came to their infertility clinic over one year. All of the men were questioned about their cell phone habits.
    In general, the researchers found, sperm count and sperm quality tended to decline as daily cell phone hours increased. Men who said they used their phones for more than four hours each day had the lowest average sperm count and the fewest normal, viable sperm.
    “We infer from our results that heavy cell phone use ... is associated with a lower semen quality,” Agarwal said. But whether cell phones somehow directly affect men’s fertility is not clear.

Agarwal said he and his colleagues have two studies underway aiming to shed light on the issue. In one, they are exposing semen samples to electromagnetic radiation from cell phones to see what, if any, effects occur.
    The second is a follow-up to the current study that is assessing a larger group of men. Agarwal said this study is more rigorously designed and will account for certain other factors like lifestyle habits and occupational exposures that might affect sperm quality.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23033163...5773?gt1=10914
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I guess I'd better lay off the cell phone.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

So you were sleeping with your cell phone?

Oh I sooo sounded like Jenna with that last comment....SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT ME!
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post

I'd tell you to save us the money on the bullet and shoot yourself, but if you're sounding like Jenna, then you definitely don't have a gun to shoot yourself with.

Verified LEO
    I'd tell you to save us the money on the bullet and shoot yourself, but if you're sounding like Jenna, then you definitely don't have a gun to shoot yourself with.
    good observation Sherlock

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm going to start using mine more

I don't want my little guys swimming anywhere.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What do they say about heavy texting RSA?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    What do they say about heavy texting RSA?

I wouldn't know

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I guess I can stop using those fancy birth control methods...

like PULLIN' OUT.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

k2.rocky is offline Officer First Class
    I think I need to get more minutes on my plan then, hopefully my wife won't see this post and figure out why I'll be talking on my phone a lot more!!!!
    "When you stop learning, you deny yourself the opportunity to grow." ~TDSA Tulsa~
    www.tdsatulsa.com

"Anyone who gets in a fair fight…..has no tactical skills"

"We're entirely surrounded, those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now." ~General Chesty Puller~

"I firmly believe that you live and learn, and if you don't learn from past mistakes, then you need to be drug out and shot." ~R. Lee Ermy~

Thread Information