Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: This is unreal

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO

This is unreal

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm mixed on this one.

The old part time hosedragger in me says to keep the lane blocked until the extrication is complete and crews are done working. With toting equipment around the vehicles and working rescue, it really does require a fair amount of room to do everything safely. Once the patient is extricated and equipment returned to the truck, move the rig off to the side if you have to remain on scene for one reason or another.

Now, the full time po-po which occupies most of my head says, get the extrication done and get that damned big red tool box off my road as quick as possible. I've been in some of those arguments with guys even from my own FD and had to use the threat of towing the damn truck because they just wanted to let it sit and look pretty with no reason to take up more space. No extrication, they were just leaving it in the road because they could. I've been pissed, but not to the point of threatening arrest. That's just an ego contest that's not going to end well.

I'm all for using the truck to make a safety zone when needed for work. I'd much rather have some clueless moron hit the rescue truck and not move a thing, rather than my cruiser which will get pushed who knows where. But when it's time to open things up, open them up and get moving.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Unreal.

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I just read an article from White Co. Ga. where the Fire Chief of Helen Ga. was arrested for going through a road check point on his way to a medical emergency by the White Co. S.O. Ridiculous.

In the words of a great philosopher, "Can't we all just get a long together?"

That article is on WSBTV.com if anyone wants to read it or post it here.

I gotta learn how to cut and paste.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Here, it works like this:

Hoseheads - Flames and patients.

Us - Everything else, including the road.

Divide the responsibility thusly, and most problems are averted.

We worked with our FD and trained them, and they in turn trained us.

With a good understanding of what we each needed, we get along great!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO

Update

I hope the officer got a big tax return this year!

http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stori....bd01f42f.html
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I like having that big red (yellow in our case) toolbox between me and traffic.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information