Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Former NFL Player Subdued by Taser

Former NFL Player Subdued by Taser

AP
    Posted: 2008-02-14 03:35:05
    SANTA ANA, Calif. (Feb. 14) - Former NFL quarterback Josh Booty was subdued by sheriff's deputies with a Taser gun and ended up with a black eye Wednesday after being arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

Orange County Sherriff's Office / AP
    Former NFL quarterback Josh Booty, seen in booking photo released by the sheriff's office in Orange County, Calif., was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

Booty, the older brother of Southern California quarterback John David Booty, was arrested by the California Highway Patrol after being pulled over on the 55 Freeway in Santa Ana, Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Hal Brotheim said.

During the booking process, the 32-year-old Booty - currently working as a television and radio sportscaster - became belligerent and deputies used the Taser, Brotheim said.

"After being Tased, he was fully compliant," Brotheim said.

Brotheim said Booty "fell to the ground, struck his head on the table on the way to the ground and sustained a black eye."

Booty was released several hours later with a citation advising him of a date to appear in court, Brotheim said.

In 2001, Booty was drafted with the 177th pick out of LSU by the Seattle Seahawks and later traded to the Cleveland Browns, spending three years with them as a backup. He signed a two-year contract with the Oakland Raiders last March, but was cut four months later.

Booty also played baseball for five years in the Florida Marlins' organization after he was the No. 5 overall pick in the 1994 draft. He played in 13 major league games from 1996-98 and hit .269 (7-for-26) with four RBIs.
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO

I love it when a plan comes together!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    They're using that term "former NFL quarterback" pretty loosely these days...that guy was a clipboard holder-ontoer at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    some people will do anything to revive a career.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Thread Information