Welcome to the APBWeb.
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Can you say "McStupid"

Yeah,we have some real brainiacs in this region.
    Thieves got a supersize surprise

Bag of loot held chicken, not cash

Thursday, February 14, 2008 By Benjamin Alexander-Bloch

It was ignorance, not hunger, that caused a Slidell trio to stick up a McDonald's employee for a bag full of chicken McNuggets.
    Mohammed Diokhane, 18, accepted St. Tammany Assistant District Attorney Gerald Alonzo's plea agreement Monday, admitting his guilt in the Aug. 21, 2005, armed robbery. State Judge Larry Green sentenced Diokhane to 12 years behind bars for the crime.
    Two alleged accomplices, Gregory Red and Alonzo "Zo" Gonzales, were scheduled to stand trial this week, but their trial was postponed Wednesday and now is scheduled for June 2 in Green's courtroom.

Diokhane admitted holding up an employee outside the restaurant.
    Authorities said Red, Gonzales and Diokhane, all 16 at the time, thought they had made a clean getaway with a bag full of cash. Instead, they had stolen -- at gunpoint -- a bag full of McNuggets as well as a few additional, unspecified food items, authorities said.
    That night, Red was waiting inside the McDonald's at 39142 Natchez Drive in Slidell, scoping things out, according to authorities.
    Diokhane and Gonzales were sitting in a borrowed car parked nearby behind trees, awaiting Red's signal, authorities said. About 9 p.m., Red allegedly used his cell phone to call the pair and told them an employee was leaving the restaurant with the night's bank deposits.
    Gonzales, who was armed with a gun, and Diokhane jumped out of the car and forced the employee to hand over her bag, authorities said.
    The trio then fled, but they quickly were tracked down in a nearby subdivision and arrested, authorities said.
    The teens did not realize they had stolen not cash but food until midway through their getaway, authorities said. When they discovered the food, they ate it.
    Police found discarded food and packaging and used it to track the trio down.
    Armed robbery is punishable by a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 99 years behind bars.
    . . . . . . .
    Benjamin Alexander-Bloch can be reached at bbloch@timespicayune.com or (985) 898-4827.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Would you like cuffs with that?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I prefer Big Mac's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhlUV...eature=related
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information