Welcome to the APBWeb.
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up Dog Walks 70 Miles Through Desert To Find Marine

The Link: http://www.itchmo.com/dog-walks-70-m...nd-marine-4726

Nubbs would do anything to find his owner.

Major Brian Dennis, a Florida resident, was in Iraq when he first met this mixed breed dog. When Dennis found him, the dog had been abused and his ears were cut off. Dennis decided to name him Nubbs.

Dennis wrote to his mother back in the U.S. of how he found out that Nubbs’ ears were purposely cut off by an Iraqi to make him look more tough and more alert. Nubbs was supposed to have been a fighting dog.

During the four months they knew each other, Nubbs and Dennis became close. Dennis shared his frustration and distress with his mother whenever Nubbs was hurt and abused like when he had been stabbed with a screwdriver.

Dennis nursed Nubbs back to health, and the two even slept together to stay warm in the frigid temperatures.
    All was well except when one day, Dennis was ordered to move his squadron 70 miles away and had to leave Nubbs.
    But two days later after Dennis had moved, Nubbs came along and gave Dennis the surprise of a lifetime. The dog had walked 70 miles in the desert in 18 degree temperatures while he was still recovering from his wound to find Dennis.

But then someone reported that Dennis had a dog, and Dennis was told that he had four days to get rid of the dog or Nubbs would be shot.

Dennis would not abandon Nubbs after all that they had been through and he wanted to bring the dog to safety. He wrote to his mom, “Nubbs was going to America, this dog had been through a lifetime of fighting war, abuse, and had tracked our team over 70 miles of harsh desert (and) was going to live the good life.”
    An email campaign was started by Dennis and within two days, three thousand dollars was raised to bring Nubbs home.
    Nubbs was transported to the U.S. and a family will take care of him until Dennis and him can be reunited again.

Dennis’ mother said, “I almost feel like Brian is his guardian angel and maybe he is Brian’s guardian angel.”

Source: ABC Action News

Great story!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is a great story!

A cat would never do that.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    A cat would never do that.
    very true. Dogs are Man's best friend. Cats...er...just want a man to wait on them.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'd love to see this story made into a book, much as they did the story of Lava in From Baghdad With Love. If you haven't read it, I recommend it.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information