Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Not Looking Good for Drew Peterson

Death Of Peterson's 3rd Wife Officially Ruled Homicide

Pathologist Says Savio Drowned

POSTED: 5:33 pm CST February 21, 2008

CHICAGO -- The death of the third wife of former police officer Drew Peterson has been officially declared a homicide after a second autopsy revealed she drowned, the Will County state's attorney said Thursday.
    Kathleen Savio's body was exhumed in November after Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, disappeared and questions arose about Savio's death.
    The second report on Savio's March 2004 death included photos from the scene and reports of the initial scene investigation, along with results from microscopic examinations and toxicological tests, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow said in a statement. Dr. Larry W. Blum, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy, concluded that the actual cause of Kathleen Savio's death was drowning and that the legal manner of death was homicide, according to a press release from Glasgow's office.
    Blum's report was delivered to the Will County Coroner's Office on Thursday and immediately forwarded to the Will County State's Attorney's Office and the Illinois State Police, the release said.
    "Dr. Blum's forensic report renders his expert opinion that this is a homicide," Glasgow said in the release. "We have been investigating this as a murder since reopening the case in November of last year. We now have a scientific basis to formally and publicly classify it as such."
    Savio, 40, was found dead in her bathtub shortly before her divorce settlement with Peterson was finalized. Initially, her death was ruled accidental.
    No charges have been filed in Savio's death.
    "The investigation continues at this point," said Charles Pelkie , a spokesman for Glasgow's office. "We've got an active grand jury investigation, we've got an active state police investigation."
    Authorities were not prepared to name a suspect, Pelkie said.
    Stacy Peterson, who vanished Oct. 28, 2007, remains missing.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    <------is willing to shelter Mr. Peterson...... inside an anthill
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    good thing there is no statute of limitations on murder
    i wish this asshole would just come clean and give stacy's family some closer and just say what happened and where she is.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped