Welcome to the APBWeb.
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

FBI: Drug informant in Ohio lied about police officer

FBI: Drug informant in Ohio lied about police officer
    Updated at 2:45 p.m.
    COLUMBUS, O. (AP) – A drug informant lied to federal agents investigating a police officer whose charges of arranging cocaine deals were later dropped, the FBI said.
    Amanda Novaria, 26, used a friend to pose as Zanesville officer Donald Peterson in recorded phone conversations about a drug deal, according to court records filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus.
    Novaria also is accused of creating text messages that appeared to incriminate Peterson, who was arrested in December and fired a month later when he refused to resign from the department in Zanesville, about 50 miles east of Columbus. Prosecutors, without comment, dropped charges in February against Peterson, his wife and three others.
    Novaria, who lives in Roseville, which is near Zanesville, made an initial court appearance Wednesday on a charge of lying to federal agents, a felony that carries a maximum of five years in prison, said Fred Alverson, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s office in Columbus.
    She was being held in a Franklin County jail on an unrelated theft charge. A message seeking comment was left Thursday for her at the jail. The U.S. Attorney and the jail had no information on file about an attorney for her.
    Advertisement
    Peterson is fighting to get his job back and is awaiting a hearing, said his lawyer, David Thomas.
    “This was an honest to God innocent guy,” Thomas said. “Mr. Peterson was a public servant who hadn’t done anything wrong except be a police officer.”
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Talk about being bent over

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Wow......I am glad the truth came out. Sucks for that officer though that lost his job. I hope he gets reinstated and all his loss pay reimbursed.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hope he makes the City of Zanesville pay him a lot more than lost wages. Taking an informants word over an officer. Give me a break. Who should we trust? Someone we have completed a background check on or a criminal trying to save their own a$$? Let me think.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    ITA Five-O! And they said his record was perfect. He gave them no reason to doubt him.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Verified LEO
    I would settle for no more than an early retirement from them asshats!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    I would settle for no more than an early retirement from them asshats!
    I worked out with my attorney friend that is on this site as AFJag. Between us and some of his contacts that town would be renamed after I owned it.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I worked out with my attorney friend that is on this site as AFJag. Between us and some of his contacts that town would be renamed after I owned it.

Would the welcome sign say something like:

Welcome to My fucking town!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Would the welcome sign say something like:

Welcome to My fucking town!
    I like the way you think..

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I like the way you think..

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    You know I was thinking he should go after her in a civil suit, but then I remembered, they are probably a poor ass moap if they are in jail for theft, and you will not get anything out of them anyways.

Feel bad for the guy!

Thread Information