Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Nursing Times claims almost one in ten Nurse's have an affair with a patient in their care

THOUSANDS of nurses believe it is justified to break the taboo on having an affair with a patient in their care.
    Almost one in 10 nurses think starting a relationship with one of their patients is acceptable while one in six said they knew of a colleague who had a sexual relationship with a patient they were looking after.
    The findings, published by the Nursing Times, will add weight to the controversial remarks by Conservative peer Lord Mancroft that nurses are “promiscuous” and “unprofessional”.
    Mancroft has faced a huge backlash after claiming that nurses discussed their sexual and drinking exploits in front of him while he was being treated at the Royal United hospital in Bath last summer.

The survey’s findings suggest a significant proportion of Britain’s 400,000 nurses are prepared to run the risk of sanctions – which in extreme cases could entail being struck off – for sleeping with patients. They also reveal that relationships between nurses and patients are not uncommon.
    In January the Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence (CHRE) issued strict new rules reminding nurses that they face disciplinary action if they embark on a sexual relationship with a current patient.
    The rules also say that relationships with former patients will often be deemed unacceptable. The regulations have proved contentious with nurses who say many such relationships end in marriage.
    The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) says the survey findings, of 3,600 nurses, are “very concerning”. Dr Peter Carter, general secretary of the RCN, says a relationship with a current patient can never be condoned but believes relationships with former patients are acceptable in some circumstances. Carter also disputes that the findings support Mancroft’s claim that nurses are promiscuous.
    The peer claimed nurses boasted of their drunken behaviour and sexual conquests while he was recovering from blood poisoning at the Royal United hospital last July.
    This is not the first time Mancroft has criticised the health service. The peer was treated successfully for heroin addiction in America and in a Lords debate in 1991 accused the National Health Service of being the “biggest supplier of addictive drugs in the world”.
    Mancroft – who went to Eton and is a member of Pratt’s club in London, as well as being a former master of the Beaufort Hunt in Gloucestershire – says he believes it is his duty to speak out on sensitive issues, even if it makes him unpopular.
    He told the peers last week that he owed his life to the fact that his wife had “kidnapped” him from the Bath hospital, where he claims he received sub-standard care, and took him to the Chelsea and Westminster hospital in London. Mancroft did not name the Royal United hospital in the debate but its identity later emerged in the media.
    David Cameron, the Conservative leader, has asked Lord Strathclyde, his party’s leader in the Lords, to rebuke Mancroft over his comments. Cameron said: “He should think more carefully before he opens his mouth. I completely disagree with what he said. I think it doesn’t reflect the incredibly hard work that nurses do.”
    The chief executive of the Royal United hospital NHS Trust has written to Mancroft inviting him to discuss his concerns.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    funny, that.

I've always thought nurses were sexy as hell.

I've also known a few nurses who were bat-shit crazy....enough to make me never get involved with a nurse.

fighting the contradiction in terms has been a problem for me for years
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    funny, that.

I've also known a few nurses who were bat-shit crazy....enough to make me never get involved with a nurse.

Well you let me know how that turns out for you

Notice they didn't mention that these nurses probably aren't the ones you're thinking of, curvaceous blonds in tight short uniforms, but more than likely short and dumpy with bad teeth.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Talking

I'm getting ready to marry one this fall.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Obviously yours is the exception.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Obviously yours is the exception.
    Obviously.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well you let me know how that turns out for you

Notice they didn't mention that these nurses probably aren't the ones you're thinking of, curvaceous blonds in tight short uniforms, but more than likely short and dumpy with bad teeth.
    eh...a hot girl who happens to be a nurse just gets a little hotter in my book. maybe something about the fact that they are supposedly caring, helpful, smart individuals.

if they are dumpy and have bad teeth, i just appreciate what they do
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    well hey...you can't paint EVERYBODY with the same brush, can you? to be fair, the ONE nurse i have in mind who is actually bat-shit crazy, based on her attitude and meds, is skewing the stats quite a bit just with her level of bat-shit craziness

my friend has time stamped audio of her psychoticness...one minute telling him she wants to have another kid, the next minute telling him she is taking him to court and that he is a dead beat dad

but that may just be due to the double X chromosome
    --

Ender

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    eh...a hot girl who happens to be a nurse just gets a little hotter in my book. maybe something about the fact that they are supposedly caring, helpful, smart individuals.

Could it also be something about the fact that these ladies are more than happy to pin a guy down and shove a thermometer where the sun don't shine?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Could it also be something about the fact that these ladies are more than happy to pin a guy down and shove a thermometer where the sun don't shine?

hm....nope. That's not it.

At all.

No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    That's not the only thing I've seen them shove into places. Try the largest cath she could find for a well endowed punk that wouldn't give her a urine sample. It hurts just remembering it.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Someone needs to send the ten-percenters my way.

I always seem to wind up getting Gretta Goon or Mrs. Marlboro Country for a nurse. Hell, Morticia Addams would be an improvement.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

That's not the only thing I've seen them shove into places. Try the largest cath she could find for a well endowed punk that wouldn't give her a urine sample. It hurts just remembering it.
    That's funny.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Too bad there can't be one hospital where they ALL worked.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'd like to find an attractive male nurse that isn't either insane or gay.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Too bad there can't be one hospital where they ALL worked.

that is just about perfect!
    --

Ender

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well, I guess it is good news that my wife is getting out of the ER business and into the labor and delivery. Babies and new mothers don't leave her to many folks to cheat with.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information