Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

Marines investigate puppy hurling video

HONOLULU — The United States Marines Corps condemned a YouTube video purportedly showing a Marine viciously mistreating a puppy as "deplorable" on Tuesday and promised that a full investigation is under way.
    In the clip, an as-yet unidentified Marine apparently throws the young dog off a rocky cliff as he's joking with another Marine.
    "The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine," Major Chris Perrine, the public affairs director at the Marine Corps base in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, said in a statement.
    "This video came to our attention this morning, and we have initiated an investigation," he said. "We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action."

Perrine said it appears that the man in the video is a lance corporal based with a unit in the Hawaiian islands. But his actions weren't characteristic of those of most men and women who serve, Perrine added.
    "The vast majority of Marines conduct their duties in an honorable manner that brings great credit upon the Marine Corps and the United States," he said. "There have been numerous stories of Marines adopting pets and bringing them home from Iraq or helping to arrange life-saving medical care for Iraqi children.

"Those are the stories that exemplify what we stand for and how most Marines behave."
    The low-quality clip shows two Marines joking as one holds up what appears to be a motionless black and white puppy, which he then hurls into a rocky gully.
    “Oh, I tripped,” the man in the clip said as the puppy was thrown.
    An unseen man could be heard saying: “That’s mean. That was mean, Motari.”
    A yelping sound is heard as it flies through the air.
    The authenticity of the clip, which has been viewed more than 145,000 times since it was uploaded onto file-sharing Web site YouTube in the last two days, has not been verified — although forum members and bloggers have been frantically trying to track down details of the soldier.
    "Certainly there's a lot of outrage and a lot of people are upset about it. I think every Marine is upset about this video," Perrine said. “We will investigate and take appropriate action and make sure our Marine is safe as well.
    "That is mistreatment of a puppy. That is a violation of anybody's standards, and the Marine Corps sets extremely high standards."
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Anyone who cares to see the video, it's on youtube. I had seen it last night, the yelping noise heard is very obviously fake. I'm not sure if the dog is alive or not.

That being said, I think it's truly beside the point. It is still pretty sad that someone would do that.

Oh, and for my two cents worth, I'll bet some bleeding heart liberal democommunist added the sound affects for some more anti military rhetoric

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    That guy is an

ASS-HOLE!

and a few other select words
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Either way, it's definitely sick. I'm sure a thorough investigation will be completed and the complete truth will come out.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Either way, it's definitely sick. I'm sure a thorough investigation will be completed and the complete truth will come out.
    Yeah it pisses me off. For one, people see this and believe all of the military to be the same way. Don't see the good that most soldiers, marine, seamen and airmen really do. The comments on the video were what pissed me off the most. This isn't the military. You can't weed out all the bad people in any group. It's dumbasses like this that degrade the public opinion of the military

Thread Information