Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Live Barricade...

Ok.. There is a live standoff going on a couple of miles from me. Shots have been fired and one woman is reported to be hit...there is no real information besides that... there are several helicopters outside and they have it on the internet... here is my problem.. and why I am not posting the link...

Why Why Why do they televise the location of the officers??? I know that Southern California gets a bad wrap on a lot of things, but come on, this is an active situation. I was on my way to the gym when I saw the helicopters and when I got there, it was on breaking news and when I got home, they have it streaming live.. I will admit that they usually have wide shots when they are doing those kind of shots, but from the picture, I was able to know exactly where they were... and I am sure that a suspect that presumably lives in the home can recognize it as well.

Is this something that is "exclusive" to SoCal or do a lot of other areas get a lot of the same media attention?

They have someone on the phone right now.. the neighbors have been evacuated... this is fairly upscale neighborhood. on a side note.. this is also a small pd they had to bring in lots of extra resources...The lady gave the location!

ugh.. sorry.. I just don't agree..
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Do you think it's an officer safety issue? Or, do you think the barricaded person will stay in longer because they made the news?

Here's the thing. If they don't show it on the news, everybody in the area will be calling 911 to find out why there is a helicopter in the area. That ties up the lines.

While there may be some people who will want to run over to see what's going on, hopefully a bunch of people will know to stay out of the area.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Was this the one?

Police: 90-Year-Old Hostage Released in Claremont
    March 4, 2008, 9:26 AM PST

A man shot and wounded his wife today, then barricaded himself inside his house, and Sheriff's Department SWAT deputies surrounded the residence as neighbors were evacuated, authorities said.

The wounded woman's elderly mother remained in the house at 885 Baseline Road in an unincorporated area of Claremont but was later rescued by SWAT deputies, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Details of the rescue were not immediately released.

The man's wife, who took a shot to the chest some time before 6:15 a.m., fled to a neighbor's home, said Sgt. Bruce Vallerand of the sheriff's San Dimas Station.

Paramedics sent to Mountain Avenue and Baseline Road about 7 a.m. transported the 51-year-old woman to a hospital, where she was in stable condition, said Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Sam Padilla.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Washington State doesn't see this.

Our own airships and media relations people ride herd on the news choppers.

I've posted this answer before somewhere on the board, but the easiest way to deal with them is make deals ahead of time.

Our news choppers come in very handy as supplements during SAR missions and pursuits, and in return we give them information.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information