Welcome to the APBWeb.
    smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO

Police call UNC students death random

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) The student body president at the University of North Carolina was killed by a shot from a handgun to her right temple, according to a police report released Friday.
    Authorities also said that 22-year-old Eve Marie Carson's keys and wallet have not been found. Police don't have any suspects in her death, and still believe it was a random act of violence.
    "We've been getting a number of leads that we're trying to follow up on," Police Chief Brian Curran said at a news conference Friday.
    The initial police report offers the first details about how the senior from Athens, Ga., may have died. Her body was found lying in a city street before dawn Wednesday, shot several times. Her vehicle was found Thursday about a mile away.
    When police began investigating, they believed her car was stolen, the report said. Police would not say Friday if they still believe that is the case, but said the killer had access to her car.
    Carson was last seen alive at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, when she stayed home to do schoolwork while her roommates went out, authorities said. But they aren't clear why she was out at 5 a.m., when a report of shots fired was called in to police.
    Curran said there was no sign of a break-in at her home or any evidence she was having trouble in a relationship that might have led to a conflict.
    "As far as I know, she wasn't having any problems with anybody," Curran said.
    Curran said police had been in contact with authorities in Alabama investigating the killing of a female student at Auburn University, but added that the cases do not appear to be connected.
    Carson was a prestigious Morehead-Cain scholar and a North Carolina Fellow, taking part in a four-year leadership development program for undergraduates. A premed student, she majored in political science and biology, taught science at a Chapel Hill elementary school, studied abroad in Cuba and spent summers volunteering in Ecuador, Egypt and Ghana as part of a school program.
    University Chancellor James Moeser has said there is nothing to link Carson's slaying to anyone on campus, where the news of her death has led to a widespread outpouring of grief.
    "It's just a huge blow. It's a blow against everything we assume about ourselves, about being a peaceful, safe place where kids come," Moeser said Friday. "She was a joyful person. She loved this place. She loved being here."
    Meanwhile Friday, the family of Lauren Burk, the Auburn University student who was found shot and wounded Tuesday night, said they created a fund to help apprehend the killer. Burk was an 18-year-old freshman at the school.
    Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue said he has asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to offer assistance in the investigations.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Random my ass, the suspect knew the victim!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Random my ass, the suspect knew the victim!
    Probably someone that called her saying they needed "help" to lure her out.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    Probably someone that called her saying they needed "help" to lure her out.
    Let's just say I know more about the case than the media does.

Thread Information