Welcome to the APBWeb.
    smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO

Bulletproof vest wearing student charged with carrying gun at school.

Bulletproof Vest Wearing Student Charged with Carrying Gun at School

Posted: March 10, 2008 03:46 PM CDT
    Updated: March 10, 2008 06:12 PM CDT
    Gun at McKinley Middle

Photo Provided by: East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office

The East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office says the School Drug Task Force arrested a 13-year-old McKinley Middle Magnet student Monday for allegedly bringing a gun to school.
    Deputies say around noon, several students told the assistant principal that a student had brought a gun to class.
    The assistant principal contacted the sheriff's office and the School Drug Task Force responded.
    According to the sheriff's office, the boy was searched and deputies discovered he was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a .38 caliber revolver. The gun was not loaded.
    The teen was taken into custody and is charged with carrying a firearm onto school grounds.
    We're told LEAP testing at the school was not interrupted because of the incident.

Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Its getting out of hand.

"Stupid should hurt."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    "OH no, little 13 year olds aren't dangerous!"

Riiiiiight. Where'd he get the vest? Kind of hard to smuggle that out of Daddy's closet.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO
    (Baton Rouge, LA - WAFB) A 13-year-old middle school student brought a revolver onto his school's campus Monday, but it's not just the gun that's causing an uproar. It's what deputies found on the boy that is also raising a lot of eyebrows. We are learning a little bit more about what may have driven the teenager to bring a revolver to school. Deputies say he was threatened by a group of students. That might also explain why he had on something on extra under his clothes.
    While thousands of Louisiana students have their heads lodged into textbooks and LEAP testing on their minds, one McKinley Middle Magnet student appears to have other interests. "Parents aren't teaching their kids anything. LEAP testing is going on." Melissa Warren has two younger sisters who attend this magnet school. They're inside the walls for at least eight hours every day.
    So, when Warren got word that a 13-year-old boy brought a .38 caliber revolver onto school grounds, she was stunned. "It scares me a bit. I love my sisters to death. You don't know who his target was or anything." The school's acting principal, Carolyn Morris sent out a message to parents late Monday afternoon. "This was an isolated event, and no threats were made to either students or staff."
    What has many parents on edge, wondering just what was the teen's intentions, was the bulletproof vest he wore under his clothes. "He was prepared for something. A bulletproof vest? Maybe he's watching too much TV. Maybe something is going on in his household with him," Warren says. The teen reportedly got the vest from a family member who is retired from the military. There's no word yet on where the middle-schooler got that gun. Chris Trahan with the school system says despite everything that went on at McKinley Middle, LEAP testing was not interrupted
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Man, that's really messed up. My oldest son is 14. I am lucky so far in that the only thing he is really interested in nowadays is our explorer program. Counting my blessings.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Verified LEO
    And that is supposed to be the " Good Kid " school, the school for advance learners.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If it was a case of severe bullying, I can just about see it. My high school was more of a prison, where the good kids were at the mercy of the thugs, and because of school policy, you couldn't even defend yourself. But this was back in the day when high schoolers had shot guns in their truck to go hunting after school, too. The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information