jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Ignorant Letter to the Editor

Official arrogance
    Article Launched: 03/12/2008 10:38:46 PM PDT
    Sun News paper

Once again, government employees have arrogantly abused the people.
    March 5, around 12:15 p.m., the California Highway Patrol stopped all eastbound traffic near Alabama Street in Redlands to make way for a funeral procession. Said procession consisted of dozens of firetrucks from dozens of agencies and departments.

Thousands of truckers, mommies, business people, and the elderly were trapped on the interstate.

For what was this grand procession? Another firefighter?

This is an example of the maximum arrogance practiced regularly today by public service agencies. None of those extremely-expensive trucks and their well-paid passengers were available for any real emergencies in their home departments.

And, I might add, this is a prime example of extreme narcissism on the part of the deceased's family. Total cult of hero-worship.

What? That's so insensitive.

Well, how insensitive is it to hold up thousands of people trying to make appointments and deliveries for one dead guy? And if he or she were a true hero, he or she wouldn't have wanted this grand outpouring of official adulation anyway.

This strong-arm government bullying has got to stop.

KEN JOHNSON
    Beaumont

I got this from Ilily, so I don't have a real concrete source, internet link, etc. But it sounds to me as if it's a letter to the editor from a real ignorant jackass.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Wow. What a piece of shit.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    To say the least, a real jackass. I can't believe that this asshole would speak this way.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Allow me to do you one better......

Luke Air Force Base is Near Phoenix, Arizona. Here's a recent letter written to a newspaper by a Phoenix resident:

Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?
    Any response would be appreciated.

Don't you just love it? This jerk calls the pilots of these jet fighters "Tom Cruise-wannabes." Tom Cruise could only wish he was as much of a man as these Air Force pilots. But then .. here comes the response from an Air Force Lt. Colonel:

Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thursday):
    On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen who understand the sacrifices they have endured. A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.
    The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?" The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.
    Lt. Col. Scott Pieus
    CO, 63rd Fighter Squadron
    Luke AFB
    Well said, Colonel. It's tough having to deal with idiots and fools, isn't it?

UPDATE: the original letter writer has responded:

An apology from the heart to the airmen of Luke

Jul. 9, 2005 12:00 AM

Regarding "Flyby honoring fallen comrade" Letters, June 28):

I read with increasing embarrassment and humility the response to my unfortunate letter to The Republic concerning an Air Force flyby ("A wake-up call from Luke's jets," Letters, June 23).

I had no idea of the significance of the flyby, and would never have insulted such a fine and respectful display had I known.

I have received many calls from the fine airmen who are serving or have served at Luke, and I have attempted to explain my side and apologized for any discomfort my letter has caused.

This was simply an uninformed citizen complaining about noise.

I have been made aware in both written and verbal communications of the four-ship flyby, and my heart goes out to each and every lost serviceman and woman in this war in which we are engaged.

I have been called un-American by an unknown caller and I feel that I must address that. I served in the U.S. Navy and am a Vietnam veteran. I love my country and respect the jobs that the service organizations are doing.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We got those here, too.

Mostly they are dealt with in good humor, which is a testament to us all.

I recall one - I don't know all the details I was an Explorer - where the guy made threats to the funeral. I can recall being told the SWAT team was following him around, but no idea if it was true.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Five-0, the first thing I did was check snopes when I saw what you posted.

To my complete surprise, it was true. I have to say, I give the guy credit for owning up to his fuck-up.

Regarding the original post: KEN JOHNSON needs to be taken out back and beaten pretty hard. I might be convinced to participate. This guy is clearly a douche bag, for reasons all of us know.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Five-0, the first thing I did was check snopes when I saw what you posted.

To my complete surprise, it was true. I have to say, I give the guy credit for owning up to his fuck-up.

Perhaps I should list my source. I suggest all concerned check out this site from time to time. Good Stuff posted regularly.

http://boortz.com/nuze/200803/03112008.html

http://boortz.com/

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    The newpaper and link-

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_8552779?source=most_emailed

What a tool!

I think you can go here and spew about the idiot's letter-

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ment...Q1M5T#comments

Just posted a reply- I feel much better now.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information