lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

La. governor Bobby Jindal VP?

Jindal casts aside V-P talk, says he's happy as La. governor
    By MELINDA DESLATTE
    Associated Press Writer
    BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- Though his name has been mentioned nationally as a possible Republican vice presidential candidate, Gov. Bobby Jindal said he's staying put in Louisiana to complete his term in office.
    Jindal on Tuesday cast aside suggestions he could be a running mate with presumptive GOP nominee John McCain. The latest reference to the possibility was in a Sunday newspaper column by commentator Robert Novak, who said Jindal was being pushed as McCain's potential running mate by "Washington-based conservative activists."
    But the Louisiana governor said he intends to finish the term to which voters overwhelmingly elected him in October.
    "This is where I want to be. I'm happy where I am. I'm flattered that my name makes those lists, but I've got the job that I've wanted. I've got the job that I ran for," Jindal said when questioned about the vice presidential rumors.
    Jindal took office in January. The 36-year-old son of Indian immigrants, he is the nation's first elected Indian-American governor and Louisiana's first nonwhite governor since Reconstruction. He's also the nation's youngest sitting governor.
    Since he began his term, Jindal has held two special sessions, one to strengthen Louisiana's ethics laws and the other to cut business taxes and spend a $1 billion surplus. In both sessions, lawmakers approved nearly all of Jindal's main proposals.
    The governor said he has more work to do in the state, and he said he hopes Louisiana's voters will give him a second term as well.
    "I actually like the job I've got. This is the job I ran for. You're not going to get rid of me that easily," he said.
    He joked that Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu may be pushing him as a vice presidential candidate.
    "I'm getting very suspicious that Mitch is talking to a lot of national reporters," Jindal said, laughing.

Wow. Looks like our new Govenor may be more popular than I would have thought. So far so good with him here. Hope he hangs around a while.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    Jindal has had his name thrown around for awhile as a VP canidate and although he would be an excellent choice he needs to stay where he is for the time being.

As I said since he announced that he was running for the governors seat a second time "Don't blame me I vote for Jindal the first time"
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    ^^^yep.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information