Welcome to the APBWeb.
    kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO

Famous New Orleans Chef Struck by Bullet

Prudhomme scratched by falling bullet

by The Times-Picayune Tuesday March 25, 2008, 5:53 PM

Noted New Orleans chef Paul Prudhomme was setting up his cooking tent on the practice range at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, when he felt a sting in his right arm right above his elbow.

According to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, Prudhomme shook his clothing, and a .22 caliber bullet fell from his shirt to the ground.
    Col. John Fortunato, sheriff's office spokesman, said deputies believe the chef was struck by a falling bullet, probably shot from somewhere within a 1 1/2-mile radius of the golf course.
    The bullet cut the skin on Prudhomme's arm and put a hole in his white chef's coat, eyewitnesses said. But the chef was undeterred by the incident and kept on cooking until he left the course around 3:30 p.m.
    Prudhomme was there to cook for players, their caddies and guests of the annual PGA Tour event, which begins Thursday and runs through Sunday.
    Members of the Fore!Kids Foundation, which produces the Classic, declined comment and referred all questions the sheriff's office, as did a spokesman for the PGA Tour.
    Prudhomme, who grew up outside Opelousas, rose to prominence after being named the first American-born executive chef of Commander's Palace in 1975. He landed on the national stage as the chef-owner of K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen. He is considered responsible for the Cajun cooking craze of the 1980s, which stirred a broader interest in regional American cuisine, particularly the indigenous food of south Louisiana.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I love the Man, but your gonna need something bigger than a .22 to take out Chef Prudhomme. Dude is big as a house.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    I love the Man, but your gonna need something bigger than a .22 to take out Chef Prudhomme. Dude is big as a house.
    You're right about that, I saw him a few weeks ago. And he certainly can't run out of harm's way.

Thread Information