Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant man

ryan36002 is offline Senior Officer
    Verified LEO

Pregnant man

"You will learn more with your ears than you will your mouth!"

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Several years ago I remember seeing a documentary about a transgender male who developed ovarian and cervical cancer and had a difficult time finding doctors to treat him.

I wonder, if a woman is willing to go through so much physically and emotionally to have a physical manifestation of her/his male identity, why she/he would want to keep her reproductive organs. Unless there are health concerns, it doesn't make sense to me, I would think she/he would want to have them removed.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Female-to-male transgendered man pregnant

A transgender man who is six months pregnant said in an interview aired by Oprah Winfrey on Thursday that he always wanted to have a child and considers it a miracle.

"It's not a male or female desire to have a child. It's a human desire," a thinly bearded Thomas Beatie said. "I have a very stable male identity," he added, saying that pregnancy neither defines him nor makes him feel feminine.

Beatie, 34, who lives in Oregon, was born a woman but decided to become a man 10 years ago. He began taking testosterone treatments and had breast surgery to remove glands and flatten his chest.

"I opted not to do anything with my reproductive organs because I wanted to have a child one day," he told the talk show host. Beatie's wife Nancy said she inseminated him with a syringe using sperm purchased from a bank.

Now, he said, his size 32 jeans are getting a bit tight and his shirts are a bit stretched.

Nancy, to whom he has been married for five years and who has two grown daughters by a previous marriage, also appeared on the show, saying the couple's roles will not change once the baby is born.

"He's going to be the father and I'm going to be the mother," she said. Their marriage is legal and he is recognized under state law as a man.

The couple was shown on video provided by People Magazine, which collaborated with Winfrey on the show, showing the room that will be the baby's nursery. Beatie said the little girl was going to be "daddy's little princess."

The couple was also filmed in their hometown of Bend, Oregon, where he underwent an ultrasound showing the baby in his womb.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe she's inside me," Beatie said while watching the ultrasound image. "We see her as our little miracle."

His obstetrician, Dr. Kimberly James, who practices in the Oregon town, told Winfrey, "This is a normal pregnancy."

She said Beatie stopped taking testosterone two years ago and his levels of the hormone are normal.

"This baby is totally healthy," she said. "This is what I consider a normal pregnancy."

The couple said they had been turned down by a number of other doctors before James agreed to take him as a patient.

The couple said an earlier attempt at pregnancy failed when he developed a tubal pregnancy, resulting in surgery that removed his Fallopian tubes.

The couple said they decided to go public with the pregnancy because they wanted to control the way the news got out. "We're just going to have the baby now," Nancy said. "If we have to, we'll go hide."

The couple runs a small business in Bend and has some savings, she said. In addition, Beatie is working on a book about his childhood, his mother's suicide and his life growing in Hawaii where, as a girl, he was a teen beauty pageant contestant and earned a martial arts black belt.

Winfrey called the development "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."

(Editing by Peter Bohan and David Storey)

By Michael Conlon Thu Apr 3, 12:43 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080403/...regnant_man_dc

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    So, a woman who happens to play the part of a man is pregnant? I guess I don't see why this is newsworthy
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    This is stupid.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Thats some seriously nasty shit. Just how bad is that kid going to be mind fucked?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    So, a woman who happens to play the part of a man is pregnant? I guess I don't see why this is newsworthy
    I'm with ya... me and the wifey just had a "discussion" about that... I said that the media needs to stop referring to her as a man... she has female genitalia, female reproductive system, female chromosomes... she's a flat chested female with a beard and a deep voice... hell, sounds like Jamie Lee Curtis to me... oh wait, Jamie Lee has a Y chrosomone... so genetically she is a male...

see... I don't understand the importance I guess... it's a chick having a baby... my wife did it, millions of women do it on a daily basis... don't get it...

btw, she really didn't like it when I said "what baby, it's a bearded, flat chested lesbian who's having a baby... what the hell is the big deal" that kinda got her steamed up
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Thats some seriously nasty shit. Just how bad is that kid going to be mind fucked?
    don't even get me on that topic... who the hell is going to be on the birth certificate under "mother" and "father"...

yeah, twisted... but the baby will have a "normal life"... my ass...

"yeah, my daddy... err mommy... err the one whom i came out of her... err his... vagina... said that I aww fuck it."

yeah, that's not gonna be a jacked up study on male/female gender roles in society...

-=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That's what I was wondering.

Winfrey called the development "a new definition of what diversity means for everybody."
    This is a new definition of degenerate and she's part of it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by Xiphos; 04-04-08 at 04:11 PM. Reason: duplicate post
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I watched this episode on Oprah yesterday.
    Just have no comment. To each their own. They aren't hurting anybody.....but I worry about that child's mental health when she later learns of this situation.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    That would give a whole new meaning to the movie "Mr. Mom".

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Threads merged.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff
    That is just stupid... (The story, not the thread merge )

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    What would the kid call it? I guess it could be combined. It can be combined and be called "mad" instead of dad, or "dam" instead of mom.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

The91Bravo is offline Deputy Sheriff
    What would the kid call it? I guess it could be combined. It can be combined and be called "mad" instead of dad, or "dam" instead of mom.
    You just hit the nail on the head...

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    Wow, a biological female who has short hair and likes to dress in men's clothing is pregnant?! How can this be?! Silly me, I thought "she" grew a hog and yambag as soon as she put on a pair of boxer briefs.

Thank you Oprah for enlightening me!!!
    Why no, that's not a pregnant anaconda in my pants...why do you ask?

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    The guy must of been a COP. How many times have you been screwed by the bosses and no one was wearing a rubber. BOHICA (bend over here it comes again).

BTW, is that guy still on the air that coined that slogan, the Black avenger,I think. Heard hin a few times out west.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sorry, but I just think that this is disgusting and wrong. Above all, it is SELFISH.

How much chance does this kid have at a normal upbringing, without fighting ridicule and questions from her peers? You want a child? Fine. You want a sex change? Fine. You want a sex change because you're gender identity is male, but you still want a kid? Shit or get off the pot. You want a kid, have it BEFORE you start growing a fucking beard and getting your tits shrunk. After the pregnancy is carried out normally, do whatever you want.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information