Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Fulton County Judge orders all honkies out of his courtroom.

God I love Atlanta, you can't make this stuff up.

wsbtv.com is reporting...

Judge Orders Whites Out Of Atlanta Court

POSTED: 5:07 pm EDT March 28, 2008
    UPDATED: 9:51 pm EDT March 28, 2008

ATLANTA -- Judge Marvin Arrington insists he's not a racist; despite ordering white lawyers out of his courtroom on Thursday.
    The Fulton County Superior Court judge said he was just fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants in his courtroom.
    "I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.
    Arrington said he thought his message might have more power if it was delivered to a blacks-only audience.
    "I didn't think about racism or reverse racism, I practiced law for 30 years and 75 percent of my partners were white," he explained.
    The judge said the majority of people who appear before him accused of crimes such as murder, rape and robbery are black and he wanted to do something about it, one on one.
    "I didn't want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory towards them and I was just saying 'Please get yourself together,'" he said.
    Arrington added that he may make a similar speech next week, but this time he'll allow everyone to hear it.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    He has an interesting point of view
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    He has an interesting point of view
    Interesting, but probably not effective. They didn't listen to anyone up till this point, and could care less what a judge says, no matter what color he may be.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Judge excuses counsel to address defendants in criminal cases individually....

Sounds like mistrials incoming...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Judge excuses counsel to address defendants in criminal cases individually....

Sounds like mistrials incoming...
    +1

and sounds like someone's getting ready to run for congress...
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Or get the next daytime court show...

If the defendants were the sort that are gonna listen to anyone -- THEY WOULDN'T BE DEFENDANTS!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

PCSD722 is offline Rookie
    These defendants needed this speech when they were young kids and it needed to be delivered in a woodshed by a dad with a stick of firewood slapping their asses instead of 20 years later in a courtroom by a judge with a wooden gavel hitting a desk.
    Stay safe, let's all go home.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I admire him. He's trying to reach out and give some reality based advice to obviously troubled youth who are embroiled in a culture that worships criminality. Bill Cosby took a lot of heat for making similar speeches. It's time more leaders in the black community started trying to help realistically rather than the race baiting that people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are involved with. Their attitudes encourage the problems we have today so it's great that people are trying to turn that around.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

213th is offline Solipsist
    If he wants to be personally involved, he could see that they are sentenced to the max
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    CNN is reporting...

(CNN) -- An Atlanta, Georgia, judge who ordered white lawyers out of his courtroom so he could lecture African-American defendants called that decision a "mistake" Tuesday night.
    Judge Marvin Arrington says he is fed up with the defendants he keeps seeing in his courtroom.

"In retrospect, it was a mistake," Judge Marvin Arrington told CNN. "Because my sheriff said to me, 'Judge, that message should be given to everybody' -- 'Don't violate the law, make something out of yourself, go to school, find a role model, somebody that will help you advance your life.'"
    Arrington, who is African-American, is a judge in Fulton County, Georgia, which includes the city of Atlanta.
    He said he got fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants shuffle into his courtroom and decided to address them one day last week -- out of the earshot of white lawyers.
    "I came out and saw the defendants, and it was about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans," Arrington told CNN affiliate WSB-TV of Atlanta, "and at some point in time, I excused some lawyers -- most of them white -- and said to the young people in here, 'What in the world are you doing with your lives?'"
    The judge thought his message would make a greater impact if he delivered it to a black-only audience, he said. Watch judge talk about decision to lecture black defendants
    "I didn't want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory toward them, and I was just saying, 'Please get yourself together,'" Arrington said.
    In his Tuesday night appearance on CNN, Arrington told Anderson Cooper that that seeing the same faces walk in and out of his courtroom year after year takes its toll.

"I ask them all the the time, 'What progress are we making with you?' And sometime they cannot answer," he said.
    He said he would open his court doors to everyone on Thursday and "I am going to give the same identical speech: 'You've got to do better.'"E-mail to a friend
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Or get the next daytime court show...

If the defendants were the sort that are gonna listen to anyone -- THEY WOULDN'T BE DEFENDANTS!
    LMAO... i was thinking daytime court show...
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped