Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

Racism during DWI arrest revealed in court documents

Court Documents Reveal Disturbing Details Of Football Player's Rant

POSTED: 4:36 pm EDT April 2, 2008
    UPDATED: 8:24 pm EDT April 2, 2008

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jaguars cornerback Brian Williams had not yet made headlines on the football field when he made news off the field, accused of making some offensive comments to an officer the night he was arrested on suspicion of DUI. According to Jacksonville police, Williams went on a racist, profanity-laced rant on the September 2006 night he was charged with driving under the influence. Channel 4 has obtained court documents detailing what an officer says Williams said to him that night. The officer involved wrote in his notes that Williams called him a, "Honky mother (expletive)." The statement goes on to say that Williams said, "I (expletive) your momma ... I (expletive) your wife twice." It got worse when, according to the officer's notes, Williams said he would do something to the officer's daughter. At radio station 1010 XL, a good amount of talk on air Wednesday was about the comments police say Williams made.

"If you read what I just read, it's more than making a mistake it's -- there is some hate in those words," said former Jaguar Tom McManus. In 2006, Williams pleaded guilty to DUI and apologized for his actions; however, Williams recently changed his mind and withdrew his plea. That decision allowed the notes of the arresting officer, who at the time said he did not know Williams had recently signed a multimillion dollar deal to play for the Jaguars, to be made public. The officer said Williams told him, "You think I'm a drug dealing (expletive) looking for a gun?" The report goes on to say when Williams realized his car was going to be towed and police asked if he wanted his date to drive it home, he yelled, "I'm not letting that (expletive) take my car." The officer stated Williams told him his car cost more than the officer will ever make. Channel 4 tried to get comments from Williams, his attorney and the Jaguars regarding the comments allegedly made by Williams, but none would comment. However, at the radio station, they said this is something Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver needs to address. "If they have not seen this yet when they do, Brian Williams has major explaining to do," said sports radio host Rick Ballou. Other groups, like the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said if what the officer says is true, then Williams went too far. The president of the local chapter of the NAACP, Isaiah Rumlin, said the incident shows what police face every day from all types of people. "We can't tolerate this type of hatred and racial-type language in this community. It just divides -- that is all it does," Rumlin said.Since Williams' arrest in 2006, eight other Jaguars players have had their own run-ins with the law.

link
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    It's ok though because he was talking about whitey
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In the memory of Martin Luther King Jr.'s wish for equality I will not feel that justice is served unless Mr. Williams's career in the NFL is over. I feel, with the utmost certainty, that the arresting officer's career would be at an end had the shoe been on the other foot.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information