Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Angry Oviedo PD suspends officer for posting that he's a "super-trained killer ninja fighter" on his MySpace page as a joke

OVIEDO, Fla. - Only Channel 9 spoke with a police officer who's been suspended from the force because of what he posted on the Internet. The Oviedo Police Department took away the officer's gun and badge when he claimed online to be a "super-trained killer ninja fighter." It's a statement the officer admits was a joke, but the department didn't find it funny.
    The controversial statement was found on Officer Justin Varkony's MySpace page. It stated that he was a "supertrained killer ninja fighter of the night who has not had a chance to use this special skill yet."
    The man investigating the case is taking it seriously.
    "It was brought to the chief of police, yes," said Lt. Dennis Lynch, Oviedo Police Department.
    Oviedo police acted swiftly and put Varkony on administrative duty. Eyewitness News found him at his Seminole County apartment on Thursday.
    "If I could go back to whenever I wrote that, I would take it off. It was a joke, that's all," Varkony told Eyewitness News.
    The Oviedo Police Department said it is a matter of public safety and that if one of its officers truly believes he is a "super trained ninja fighter who has not used his special skills yet," it is a cause of concern.
    Making things worse, Eyewitness News uncovered 22 other complaints, including one case where Varkony admitted putting notches on his Taser every time it was used. He received 84 hours of unpaid leave.
    Like the "killer ninja" comment, the 28-year-old said it was a lapse in judgment.
    "The majority cleared as minor infractions, but I'm not a rogue cop," he said.
    Instead, Varkony says he's a cop being targeted after arresting a city council person's family member in 2005.
    "The politics get rough. We try to stay away from them, but unfortunately stuff happens," he said.
    Varkony has taken down his MySpace page. Oviedo police will decide if he should be taken off the force.
    Officer Varkony will have his case heard Tuesday. The Internal Affairs report can take as long as six months. In the meantime, he will remain on administrative duty.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sorry, but this guy doesn't seem to have the common sense to poor piss out of a boot unless the instructions were written on the heel. Putting notches on your Taser is just plain stupid.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Putting notches on your Taser is just plain stupid.
    Agreed, but what's wrong with being super-trained to fight killer ninjas?

(It's all in the articulation)
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Damn, next thing you know I'll be in the psych ward, because mine may or may not say "I'm a cat, I'm a kitty cat!"

On the Myspace thing, I hope he's cleared. The notches in the taser... damage to departmental equipment? Just sounds like he's got a bit of growing up to do yet about that one. But the ninja thing? Get real.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    "I'm a cat, I'm a kitty cat!"
    STOP THAT!!

"It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This sounds like a "pattern of behavior" issue rather than hammering him for one stupid joke.

Apparently he isn't very bright if he allowed that comment to be in the public eye.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    hmmmm....the myspace thing feels oddly familiar to me. except when it happened to me (i wasn't suspended or disciplined, just a stern talking to from the chief who doesn't even know my name), it was WAAYYYYYYYY less of an "infraction", if you can even call it that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The fact that his department was watching his myspace page may be a hint that they were looking for anything to frag him on. Just a thought.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    The fact that his department was watching his myspace page may be a hint that they were looking for anything to frag him on. Just a thought.
    I agree completely. He didn't help matters whatsoever, but reading that he arrested a city councilman's relative I am sure they are watching him extra close.

racing04 is offline Master Officer
    Question??? What does he mean when he said he put notches in his taser??
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racing04 View Post
    Question??? What does he mean when he said he put notches in his taser??
    Short answer...he is an idiot.
    He notches his taser evertime he tases someone.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

To Five-0...Still confused, sorry. Im only a dispatcher and the cops never explain that stuff to us???
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take,its measured by the moments that take our breath away

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In the "old" west it was said it was common for a gunfighter to carve a notch in his weapon each time he killed someone to indicate the amount of people he had killed. It was a sign of intimidation.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    In the "old" west it was said it was common for a gunfighter to carve a notch in his weapon each time he killed someone to indicate the amount of people he had killed. It was a sign of intimidation.
    What happened when he ran out of space on his weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    What happened when he ran out of space on his weapon?

God, you're an idiot.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racing04 View Post
    To Five-0...Still confused, sorry. Im only a dispatcher and the cops never explain that stuff to us???
    No worries that is what we are here for.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Not the best judgement I see...........I agree with the most likely they (admin) where looking for some ammo to blast him with. Appears he supplied them with what they needed.....moron..........lol
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thanks five-0 and lew

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    I gotta agree.

Sounds like, whether or not there was good reason, the brass had it in for the guy, and were looking for an excuse.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information