Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Sheriff Joe is pissing of Liberals again

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080413/...gration_sweeps

Phoenix mayor asks FBI to check sheriff

Sun Apr 13, 2:46 PM ET

PHOENIX - The mayor wants the FBI to investigate whether the local county sheriff has violated any civil rights laws with his recent high-profile crackdowns on illegal immigrants.
    The "saturation patrols" have drawn protests from civil rights and immigrant-rights advocates, but they have drawn support from backers of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and from people who believe the government hasn't done enough against illegal immigration.
    In an April 4 letter to U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey, Mayor Phil Gordon asked the agency and the Justice Department's civil rights division to examine what he called discriminatory harassment and improper stops, searches, and arrests by sheriff's deputies in Maricopa County, which encompasses the metropolitan area.
    "Over the past few weeks, Sheriff Arpaio's actions have infringed on the civil rights of our residents," Gordon wrote. "They have put our residents' well-being, and the well-being of law enforcement officers, at risk."
    Justice Department officials said they would review Gordon's letter but declined to comment further.
    Arpaio said it's ironic that Gordon wrote the letter the same day U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials observed his deputies arresting residents and illegal immigrants in the town of Guadalupe and approved of the sheriff's work.
    "I think the mayor is disconnected from the people he represents and he doesn't get the point," Arpaio said Saturday. "Now he's going to Washington to confuse the issue and try to get the public against me."
    The mayor "is degrading my office and my deputies by insinuating that they're violating all these civil laws. We don't profile," the sheriff said.
    In the past month, sheriff's deputies and trained volunteers have gone into neighborhoods with large Hispanic populations, stopping people for routine traffic violations and asking some of them about their immigration status. Dozens of illegal immigrants have been detained.
    ICE officials say Arpaio is not violating the formal agreement he has with their office that allows sheriff's deputies to enforce immigration laws.
    Last week, the Arizona Ecumenical Council and American Jewish Committee issued a joint letter saying the patrols "evoked a 'police state' atmosphere" and led to "detainment on the basis of a racial profile and dehumanization of innocent people."
    They were joined Friday by the Arizona chapter of the Anti-Defamation League, which echoed calls for a Justice Department investigation.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Let it rip Joe.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Who cares what those idiots think. If they are illegal, they need to go. If I can sit here waiting for the past two years for my wife to be able to return back here from her country, those assholes can do it too. I am tired of seeing all those illegals here, taking jobs, and protesting for their "rights" that they actually are not entitled to. If My mother and wife can apply for their visas like they are supposed to, then so can those assholes. I did not fight and bleed for my country so they can waltz in here and take advantage of it.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Kudos to ex401mp and his family for doing it right. I would hasten to believe that Sheriff Arpaio probably pisses off the liberals and the illegals every day. More power to him. Go get 'em Joe!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    ex401mp I agree with you completely! Our grandparents and great-grandparents had to do it the legal way and now illegals think it is "owed" to them that they stay here.

As for Sheriff Joe, I think this statement said it all "ICE officials say Arpaio is not violating the formal agreement he has with their office that allows sheriff's deputies to enforce immigration laws." If a federal agency is backing him and his officers what more needs to be said. He is doing things according to the laws set down.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I wish my county agency would start doing this.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Arpaio said it's ironic that Gordon wrote the letter the same day U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials observed his deputies arresting residents and illegal immigrants in the town of Guadalupe and approved of the sheriff's work.
    I actually laughed out loud when I read that. WTG Sheriff Joe.
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Right on Sheriff Joe.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    ....but yet he keeps getting re-elected, so he's doing something right!
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Kudos to Sheriff Joe.
    Someone has the kahuna's to finally get the job done!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I personally like Sheriff Joe. I would agree that finally someone has the guts to tackle the bad with a little old fashion sense.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    They showed him talking to a mayor a town on TV last night. He told her that if she didn't like what he and his deputies were doing, she got 90 days to get her own police dept be cause he won't patrol her town any more. Cool guy!

Ruffy is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    I totally agree with it. the only thing that we do need to do. is to build a jail for all of them because right now... we are running low on room and now that some judge passed some law that we can't boat the inmates (Plastic bed with a mat) because it is cruel and unusual punishment is crap. But yeah all for it to keep going.... just need more room to stick them all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Shake and Bake>

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Sheriff Joe for President??
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    We need a whole bunch of Sheriff Joe's. I keep saying we need to clone this guy.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information