Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Some people's kids.....

This one is not far from me, but a hell of alot closer to another O/R Site Staff member. K-9 Max, have any insight on this one?

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/15870515/detail.html

UHRICHSVILLE, Ohio -- Police from several local departments, the FBI, Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers from several posts and the Tuscarawas Sheriff's Office were part of a massive manhunt Saturday for two children who called 911, saying they had been kidnapped from Pittsburgh.

The calls turned out to be a hoax from a 13-year-old girl and her 8-year-old male cousin, officials said.

Dispatchers said the children made several cell phone calls late Friday night and Saturday afternoon, claiming they had been abducted from Pittsburgh and they didn't know where they were.

The calls stopped at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday and then resumed 12 hours later with the children begging for help.

The children described the car used and said they were locked in a room. That's when the FBI got involved.

Several troopers from the New Philadelphia post of the Ohio Highway Patrol assisted sheriff's deputies in the search, as did officers from New Philadelphia, Dover, Dennison and Uhrichsville. The patrol's plane searched for the vehicle the children described being abducted in.

After working on the case, dispatchers finally said they knew where the children were. Detectives started knocking on doors in a Uhrichsville neighborhood, when they spotted two children coming out of a N. Uhrich Street house.

The children then admitted their involvement in the prank to authorities.

Officials said the children were calling from a deactivated cell phone. They said even if a cell phone is deactivated, it still will call 911.

Charges could be filed against children.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    MAN I would be pissed and completely embarrassed if those were my kids.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    MAN I would be pissed and completely embarrassed if those were my kids.
    Yeah...an 8 year old might not understand the consequences of pulling resources away like that, but a 13 year old deserves a good beat down, girl or boy.

Or maybe a thousand hours of community service...
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    That is a pet peeve of mine. People give kids old deactivated cells to play with, not knowing that they will still call 911. We get 6-8 deactivated cell 911 calls a shift.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Too many brats not enough switches

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information