Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Pink Poodle

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Pink Poodle

Do authorities in Boulder really have the time and resources to waste on this?
    I mean, the dye sounds safe and about all I can see is that it would be annoying to the dog, if that.

PINK POODLE
    Boulder, Colo. (AP) - A Colorado woman facing a $1,000 fine for dyeing her poodle pink struck a deal with authorities to have the charge against her dismissed if she stops coloring her dog. Joy Douglas dyed Cici, her white miniature poodle, to call attention to breast cancer. She says she used beet juice and Kool-Aid. But she was ticketed in March under an ordinance designed to discourage people from dyeing rabbits and chicks for Easter. Officials in the Boulder City Attorney's office say her case could be dropped if she's not accused of dyeing animals before her next court date in October. Cici is currently white.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Who ticketed her? Code Enforcement? PETA? (PITA) Oh, I see. Its the Humane Society.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...98/detail.html

BOULDER, Colo. -- A Boulder woman has hired an attorney to fight a $1,000 fine she was given by the city for coloring her miniature poodle pink.

Joy Douglas said she colored Cici pink to help raise awareness for breast cancer. The salon owner said she has used beet juice -- and occasionally Kool-Aid -- for four years now to "stain" her dog.

Officials at the Humane Society of Boulder Valley told the Daily Camera Douglas was warned several times before she was issued the ticket on March 1.

Douglas is accused of violating the city's code that says "No person shall dye or color live fowl, rabbits, or any other animals." It’s a code meant to keep people from dyeing rabbits and chicks at Easter.

"I can understand something done in large vats and it's not done with a lot of animal care by people who don't know their animals," Douglas told 7News. "But I have a personal connection to my animal, I would never hurt my animal, I have a business full of little beautiful animals that are treasures for not only myself but the community.

"Douglas was scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday morning, but the hearing was continued until April 7 because Douglas had hired an attorney. She was talking to a city attorney about the case afterward.

Douglas said earlier that she planned to fight the ticket, claiming she didn't dye the dog, but stained it with natural beet juice. She also said her dog is helping to raise awareness for an important issue.

"Cici is being stripped of her civic duty," Douglas said. "And I don't plan to take it sitting down."

Cici is actually the second dog Douglas has colored pink.

Douglas first colored her white poodle Lulu four years ago when the dog accompanied her to a haircutting fundraiser for breast cancer research.

The hairstylist said people would bring "fistfuls of cash" just to pet the dog, so she kept up the color job. She only used organic products, and says she’s even worked with an organic pet company on developing safe colors for pets.

When Lulu died just over a year ago, Douglas found Cici and immediately began coloring the new poodle’s hair as well.

Douglas told 7News on Monday night that she planned on putting the attention she has received from getting the ticket to good use by raising money for breast cancer research.

"With every big gathering of people there's a lot of ears and one voice that can be heard at a time," she said. "So I'm going to use my voice to raise as much funds and make as much good come out of this unfortunate incident."

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information