Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Sheriff: Family Members Found Dead in California All Wearing Black

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,359401,00.html

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. Five decomposed bodies found over the holiday weekend in an upscale Orange County home were all wearing black clothing, a sheriff's spokeswoman said Wednesday.
    The bodies three generations of the same Turkish-American family were found last Sunday when two brothers broke into the house after not hearing from them for some time. Investigators believe the bodies went undiscovered for between two to three weeks.
    The dead are mechanical engineer and expert trial witness Manas Ucar, 58; his wife, Margrit, 48; their twin 21-year-old daughters, Margo and Grace, and the family's maternal grandmother, 72-year-old Fransuhi Kesisoglu. Margrit Ucar would have turned 49 on Sunday.
    Authorities have not ruled out homicide or suicide and are awaiting autopsy results and toxicology tests before announcing the cause of death. Autopsies are still incomplete, and because the bodies were so badly decomposed it could take up to eight weeks to complete toxicology tests, Giudice said.
    When asked whether investigators are looking into the possibility the deaths could have been planned together by the family, Giudice replied: "We are certainly looking into all aspects and all possibilities. That's why we want to be really careful when we talk about murder-suicide."

Manas and Margrit Ucar were found in a downstairs closet attached to a bedroom, with two handguns near the bodies. One of the handguns was registered to Margrit Ucar and both husband and wife were shot, Giudice said. Giudice didn't know who the second handgun was registered to.
    The twin daughters and grandmother were found in the attached bedroom. The twins were in the bed and the grandmother was on a chaise-lounge, Giudice said.
    Deputies had conducted two welfare checks on the home in the past two weeks, but found nothing suspicious from the outside and left after a neighbor and relatives said the family might be on vacation.
    There were no signs of a struggle in the house and nothing had been taken.
    Manas Ucar was a mechanical engineer who immigrated from Turkey in the 1970s and later started his own company as an accident reconstruction consultant. Margrit Ucar owned a jewelry boutique at a ritzy mall in nearby Newport Beach, a neighbor told KDOC-TV.
    Their daughters had finished work toward their bachelor's of science in biology at the University of California, San Diego, this past winter.
    Sea Pointe Estates, where the family lived, is an exclusive, gated community of about 75 upscale homes on a hill near the coast in San Clemente. It's about 65 miles southeast of Los Angeles at the southern edge of Orange County. The family's home overlooks the Pacific Ocean and is worth about $1.7 million, according to the real estate Web site Zillow.com.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    wow
    a bit bizzar..
    interested in finding out what the investigation comes up with!
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    We've been waiting for the autopsy reports to come out - from what I've read, deputies went out at least twice to check, but all looks secure. They checked with family members, and were told they were on vacation. Then, the family broke in to check and found them deceased.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

op246 is offline Officer First Class
    What an odd story. It will be interesting to find out what the deal is

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Strange indeed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Man, that had to stink like hell. That house must be well insulated. Strange story
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Thread Information