Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO

Child Molester Arrested After Knocking On Officer's Door

Makes you want to start answering the door with a gun in your hand. Kudos to the Officers involved. They went that extra step and probably saved the lives of countless children. No Punishment in Hell is evil enough for this scumbag:

COWETA COUNTY, Ga. -- Coweta County officials have charged a suspected child molester they say went door to door in search of young victims. But when Eugene Murphy, 20, knocked on the door of an officer who investigates sex crimes, she made sure authorities knew what he was up to.

Authorities said Murphy had an intense desire to harm children. Murphy was knocking on doors wearing running shorts, a tank top and no shoes, according to officials. An off-duty officer told police she knew something wasn’t right and jumped into action.

Neighbors told Channel 2 they are angry after hearing Coweta County investigators say Murphy brazenly went door to door in search of a child to harm.

A homeowner said she thinks Murphy saw the basketball goal in her yard and came to her door and asked if any kids were home. She said Murphy told her his uncle was having a party and he was looking for children to invite. It was the suspect’s unlucky day because the homeowner happened to be an Atlanta police officer who investigates sex crimes and she thought his behavior was suspicious. She followed Murphy and called deputies.

“At that time the suspect made statements that were alarming to the deputies about his intent and why he was looking for these children,” said Lt. John Lewis with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office.

Murphy was arrested and charged with criminal attempt to entice a child for indecent purposes. After further investigation, authorities said they found another victim and Murphy was charged with kidnapping and attempted child molestation.

Investigators said they continue to talk to potential victims. Murphy had a court appearance and was denied bond.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Break his kneecaps, break his elbows, and smash out all his teeth, then leave him in the general prison population with a "CHILD MOLESTER" sign on his back.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Break his kneecaps, break his elbows, and smash out all his teeth, then leave him in the general prison population with a "CHILD MOLESTER" sign on his back.
    I bet they will make good use of his now toothless mouth...
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Break his kneecaps, break his elbows, and smash out all his teeth, then leave him in the general prison population with a "CHILD MOLESTER" sign tatoo on his back.
    I know some wouldn't waste the ink but I want something more permanent. So he can get his punishment over and over again for as long as he exists, which hopefully will be short.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    EXCELLENT job done by the Officer involved. Way to go the extra mile!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Makes you want to start answering the door with a gun in your hand.
    Start?

Doesn't everybody do that?

I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    I don't see the point in 'punishing' someone like this. You aren't going to rehabilitate them...you aren't going to fix them...they will never be normal. Same as with serial killers, there's something wrong with them at the core level you'll never be able to change. Just put them down like the sick animals they are and be done with it.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Start?

Doesn't everybody do that?

Glad I'm not alone!

Great job to the officer involved.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Wow, great job!

I don't think most people would have thought to have him checked out, they would probably have assumed it was a legitimate neighborhood party.

I don't usually answer the door with a gun in my hand, but always with it in my pants if I have any on (recalling that one time a few years ago when my neighbor rang my doorbell at 2am to tell me that my dome light was on - my concealment options were very limited)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information