Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Angry More quality parenting

A FATHER of 18-month old twins did not know they had been dead in his house for over a week, a court has heard.
    The 28-year-old man and his 30-year-old partner, from Sunnybank Hills in Brisbane, today appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court charged with failing to provide the necessities of life.
    They were both remanded in custody and ordered to reappear before the court on Thursday.
    Police found the bodies of the twin boy and girl- one weighed just 3.6kg and the other weighed 4kg- at the couple's house in Brisbane's south around 7pm yesterday.
    Police prosecutor Sergeant Tina Green told the court the man had to walk past the twins' bedroom to get to his own room, where he slept separately from his partner.

But Sgt Green said the man told police he had not seen the twins since Christmas.

Sgt Green told the court it was likely the charges would be upgraded once the post-mortem results were obtained.

"It's most likely they are heading towards manslaughter or murder charges," she told the court.

Lawyer Michael Cridland, who appeared for the father, told the court it was unlikely the prosecution could substantiate a higher charge against his client.

Mr Cridland said his client was "hardly present at home" and that he had no contact with the twins.

He said the mother was the primary carer and the father took the older children to school before going to work each day.

Mr Cridland said his client had been informed of the deaths only yesterday.
    The court heard the twins were found by their 11-year-old sibling in the front bedroom of the rented home.

The mother told police in an interview that she noticed the twins were dead on either June 8 or 9, the court heard.

She told police she had been suffering from a cold and rarely fed or changed the twins.

When asked by police how they died, the mother allegedly said: "I don't think I fed them enough."
    Magistrate Noel Nunan granted the prosecution's application to have the pair held in custody for 48 hours, pending the results of a post-mortem examination.

"The circumstance of the death of two young 18-month-old children is bizarre, given that both the parents had been in the house for approximately one week since their death," Mr Nunan told the court.

"In the circumstances ... I think it would be wise to wait for the outcome of the post-mortem examination."

RIP kids
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Poor babies, they never had a chance with those people as caregivers.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    savages
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Absolutely disgusting... I hope the older children get counseling and go to a loving family.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Unbelievable.....those poor babies starved to death.....they had to have been crying and suffering
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Pathetic excuses for human beings!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I simply don't have the words for this kind of BS. I'm sure I could beat the piss out of them with a tire iron and not notice their suffering. WTF

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information