Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Angry 93-year-old Terrell woman beaten during robbery in her home, possibly with a hammer

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n1.ac30e7.html

12:00 AM CDT on Thursday, June 19, 2008
    By RACHEL SLADE / The Dallas Morning News
    sslade@dallasnews.com

Terrell, TX - Police were investigating Wednesday whether a hammer and other household items were used to beat a 93-year-old woman during a robbery at her Terrell home.

Wynell Bourns was found barely conscious and lying in a pool of blood about 5 p.m. Tuesday in her home in the 100 block of Westway Drive. She was found by a friend and family member who became concerned after they were unable to reach her by phone, said Terrell police Capt. Arley Sansom.

Ms. Bourns, who received serious head injuries, was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where she was listed in serious condition Wednesday evening.

Capt. Sansom said investigators were looking at two pieces of a hammer that "may or may not have been the weapon." He said police were also examining other items in the home as potential weapons. No gun appeared to have been involved.

The woman's red 1999 Ford Taurus that authorities believe was stolen by her attacker was recovered in the 100 block of Main Street in Terrell, police said.

Neighbor Donna Gross said the attack made her fear for her own safety.

"I didn't know her well, but she was a nice lady," Ms. Gross said.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    What a low life to do that to a 93 year old woman. I would like to get my hands on them for just 5 mins.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

Thread Information