Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kate is offline Corporal

"Kill cops" rant lands man in jail

Video

PHILADELPHIA - JUNE 26, 2008 (WPVI) -- 44-year old Andre Moore is being held at the 18th Police District by the very officers he apparently wanted to kill.

At least that's the message he allegedy sent out to the world in a disturbing, hate filled rant on YouTube.

"When you shoot the cops, you shoot them dead.", Moore is heard saying.

Moore allegedly posted this video on the internet demonstrating how to use a Colt .275 to shoot cops.

What police also find disturbing is that Moore is employed as a security guard at Einstein Medical Center, the hospital where Officer Chuck Cassidy died of gunshot wounds six months ago.

"We lost three police officers to guns on the streets of Philadelphia, and this idiot's out there promoting this message.", said Thomas Burke, of the Pennsylvania Gun Violence Task Force.

Moore's anger is directed mostly at the 18th district where he was cited for minor offenses last month.

"I can't stand the 18th district," the videotaped rant continues. "That's why I rejoice whenever they shoot a cop in Philadelphia. 'Cause I hate them."

And Moore dosen't stop there.

He goes on to promote violence in a city that is struggling to turn the tide.

"Continue killing the 18th district police. I promote violence in Philly. Promote violence in Philly."

Moore faces a number of charges, including aggravated assault.

And he's charged with corruption of minors.

That's because the cameraman is his 12 year old son.

And his son's 14 year old friend is seen in a follow up video posted just yesterday.

Police used a battering ram on his door at six this morning. (LOVE the door! )

Moore's wife is also a security officer, and doesn't want her face shown.

She says she was outraged when she learned of the video this past Saturday.

"I am very upset. I'm upset at him. How dare he jeopardize our family, and jeopardize my career?"

This case will be watched very closely as it moves through the court system. It could set a precedent. Legal experts tell Action News the arrest, based on an internet video, is questionable in terms of First Ammendment Constitutional rights. The D.A. says free speech ends when you incite others to shoot police officers.

Source: WPVI (6ABC)

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I hope the charges stick. This guy needs to be made an example of...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Free speech should end when you try to incite the cold blooded killing of ANY innocent. I sincerely hope his wife files for divorce.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He's probably lucky all he's looking at is charges.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    He's probably lucky all he's looking at is charges.

Ding, Ding, Ding

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cool Breeze is offline 303rd Logistics
    Verified LEO
    Makes a person want to run right out and plan a vacation to Philadelphia!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I know my opinion on this isn't going to be popular. But let me preface this by saying I agree that this guy is scum of the earth.

That being said, it looks to me like the only thing he was arrested for was "Pissing off Police". Unless he states in the videos his intention of doing anyone harm, I don't see anything criminal he did wrong.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Not having seen the video, it's tough to say if he committed a crime.

He certainly committed stupid.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    does he have the ability, opportunity, and intent?
    I don't know. I also don't know that states elements for agg assault.
    He wouldn't meet all three elements to me at the moment.
    It would be different if he was more face to face with an actual officer,
    had some sort of weapon besides words, or made some bodily motion of aggression
    and the intent was stated or obvious.
    At the time he said all his stupid shit, could he have actually carried out the threat?
    I don't know.
    Corruption of minors? Like a parent has never voiced a prejudice infront of their children before? Though extreme on the hate avenue... where are the courts when it comes to the children growing up in KKK households? oh wait.. they just don't put that on the internet... or do they?
    I am not a fan of this guy whatsoever.. and I am not defending him... I am just a little confused between being pissed off at this guy and violation of rights.
    He is an idiot, however we live in a country that allows idiots to wear themselves on their sleeves.

It will be interesting to see how this goes through the courts.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    does he have the ability, opportunity, and intent?
    I don't know. I also don't know that states elements for agg assault.
    He wouldn't meet all three elements to me at the moment.
    It would be different if he was more face to face with an actual officer,
    had some sort of weapon besides words, or made some bodily motion of aggression
    and the intent was stated or obvious.
    At the time he said all his stupid shit, could he have actually carried out the threat?
    I don't know.
    Corruption of minors? Like a parent has never voiced a prejudice infront of their children before? Though extreme on the hate avenue... where are the courts when it comes to the children growing up in KKK households? oh wait.. they just don't put that on the internet... or do they?
    I am not a fan of this guy whatsoever.. and I am not defending him... I am just a little confused between being pissed off at this guy and violation of rights.
    He is an idiot, however we live in a country that allows idiots to wear themselves on their sleeves.

It will be interesting to see how this goes through the courts.

Goz, he did have a weapon. A LOADED GUN. Or did you not watch the video? If you do a simple google search for Pennsylvania laws (specifically Aggravated Assault, Terroristic Threats and Corruption of Minors) the charges fit!

Corruption of minors. "Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime..."
    Yes, his video entices and encourages his son to commit a crime.
    Aggravated assault. "A person is guilty of aggravated assault if he... attempts by physical menace to put any of the officers, agents, employees or other persons enumerated in subsection (c), while in the performance of duty, in fear of imminent serious bodily injury."
    Yes, I believe he is attempting to physically menace police officers by loading a gun as a tutorial on how to kill cops! Being shot could reasonably cause serious injury or death.
    Terroristic threats. "A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to: commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another... or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience."
    Yes, he communicated a threat to commit a crime of violence and I believe his intent was to terrorize police. This does cause serious public inconvenience and terror. Even if you don't believe the threat was intentional, he is reckless.

Goz, why are you so worried about the police 'violating his rights' when this SAVAGE is making videos, loading a gun and encouraging people to kill cops!?!? If you don't think that is, or should be, a crime then maybe you've been off the streets too long...

I recall an expression that seems to fit well here. "Fucketh himeth."
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Here, here vengeance. Even in AL we have the making Terrorist Threats law.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Kate is offline Corporal

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We would not be able to charge him here.

Case would be shot down by the prosecutor on all of the counts (equivalent) listed.

We also have an equivalent to "terroristic threats" but unless he sent the video in an email and said "this is for you" he could simply argue artistic freedom.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Kate is offline Corporal
    It really will be interesting to see how this will play out in court. I'll update when I hear something.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey View Post
    It really will be interesting to see how this will play out in court. I'll update when I hear something.
    Do! This could prove interesting.
    I'm your huckleberry...

I did not want to watch the video and was just going off of what was posted. Now I went and watched the video. I started my post with the question if the elements of the agg assault were met. If that is a crime there then ok..
    I could not arrest him where I worked though, It doesn't meet the 3 elements of agg assault.
    I am glad it fits the elements for Pennsylvania (if you say so). It is a shame he has bred already.

To break down the statute will have to be for the courts.. to me this is more of threats made instead of agg assault.
    I just don't see how having a loaded weapon in his home(1 element), then saying he wants to kill cops(2 element)... to me unfortunately the last element is missing. He is in his home, there are no police around him at the moment so the actual ''while in the performance of duty, in fear of imminent serious bodily injury'' is the only element that is not met. If a victim is unaware of this mans threats like at the actual moment he is doing this... do you have a victim of agg assault? Is there someone present at that actual given moment that he could do harm to? To me that answer is no to the fact that he would have to take this video one more step in order to meet that element which would be to call 911 and tell them to get cops to his house- or go outside and create a disturbance that he knows would cause police to respond. There is no one present at that moment in time to actually harm.

That is more my question than anything - more so than violating this shitbags rights. More of an actual legal question... which is what the courts have to decide.
    Taking emotions out of this equation leaves me with a threats charge. With a threats charge met in front of a child... I can see charging him with the endangerment charge since that meets that element.
    Again I am not worried lol... about his violation of his rights. I didn't state HIS rights. I stated a violation of any rights... meaning this charge and outcome would possibly change the elements of a statute.
    and why do i feel like you were yelling at me and getting all emotional
    don't mistake my post as defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance05 View Post
    Goz, he did have a weapon. A LOADED GUN. Or did you not watch the video? If you do a simple google search for Pennsylvania laws (specifically Aggravated Assault, Terroristic Threats and Corruption of Minors) the charges fit!

Corruption of minors. "Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime..."
    Yes, his video entices and encourages his son to commit a crime.
    Aggravated assault. "A person is guilty of aggravated assault if he... attempts by physical menace to put any of the officers, agents, employees or other persons enumerated in subsection (c), while in the performance of duty, in fear of imminent serious bodily injury."
    Yes, I believe he is attempting to physically menace police officers by loading a gun as a tutorial on how to kill cops! Being shot could reasonably cause serious injury or death.
    Terroristic threats. "A person commits the crime of terroristic threats if the person communicates, either directly or indirectly, a threat to: commit any crime of violence with intent to terrorize another... or otherwise cause serious public inconvenience, or cause terror or serious public inconvenience with reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience."
    Yes, he communicated a threat to commit a crime of violence and I believe his intent was to terrorize police. This does cause serious public inconvenience and terror. Even if you don't believe the threat was intentional, he is reckless.

Goz, why are you so worried about the police 'violating his rights' when this SAVAGE is making videos, loading a gun and encouraging people to kill cops!?!? If you don't think that is, or should be, a crime then maybe you've been off the streets too long...

I recall an expression that seems to fit well here. "Fucketh himeth."

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Here, here vengeance. Even in AL we have the making Terrorist Threats law.
    sure on terrorist threats but agg assault?
    just a question, don't go biting my head of like he did

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Making Terrorist Threats is a felony in AL. Which means the kid gloves come off. I am not certain, but if someone pulled this in my jurisdiction I'm sure they would be met with amount of force needed to secure the arrest. Opinions on this DIESEL, or any other AL LEOs

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Making Terrorist Threats is a felony in AL. Which means the kid gloves come off. I am not certain, but if someone pulled this in my jurisdiction I'm sure they would be met with amount of force needed to secure the arrest. Opinions on this DIESEL?
    Making terroristic threats is probably a felony everywhere - it is here as well, although only a lowly C felony.

The question is, does some asshole's video on Youtube rise to the credible?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Making terroristic threats is probably a felony everywhere - it is here as well, although only a lowly C felony.

The question is, does some asshole's video on Youtube rise to the credible?
    Believe it or not, an overt action must be made here before it becomes a crime. Saying "I am going to hit you" while standing there is not a crime. Saying "I am going to hit you" and drawing a fist back is simple assault by threat. There is no "Terroristic Threats" law here, you would have to use a disorderly conduct statute. This is something I have always wanted to see change.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information