Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO

Sometimes you can't save them from themselves

Could someome serious try any harder to get arrested? The cop was trying NOT to have to take this skank to jail, but she wasn't having any of it. Jack Kent Cooke just did a 360 in his grave. Why is it that sometimes people won't listen when we as cops are trying to provide good, free legal advice? "Sir/Ma'am, you're drunk...don't drive away or you'll go to jail. Why don't I call you a cab?" I've personally said that one at least 3 or 4 times, only to have to arrest the person 5 minutes later as I sat in my car around the corner wrapping up my paperwork and they drive past. "I told you not to drive tonight? Are you retarded?" Then they actually have the gall to get angry when you cuff them up.
    Daughter of late multimillionaire arrested

By Jillian Jorgensen
    Globe Correspondent / June 28, 2008
    Boston police officers might not have known who Jacqueline Kent Cooke's father was when they arrested her yesterday morning, but they said they did know she ignored their repeated warnings and committed a crime.

Cooke, 20, of Dallas was charged with operating under the influence and operating without a license after she started her car despite the officers' warnings, police said in a statement.
    When she was being booked, Cooke asked the officers whether they knew who her father was. She then told them he was Jack Kent Cooke, the late multimillionaire and former owner of the Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Kings, and said she would have the officers' badges because "$1 billion goes a long way," police said.
    Officers patrolling the South End had seen Cooke and another woman quickly leaving the South Street Diner about 5:15, with a waitress following closely behind, police said. The waitress told police the women had not paid. Cooke and the woman told police they had forgotten about the bill, and then went inside to pay.
    While the women were paying, the officers saw car keys for a BMW fall onto the counter, and since both women appeared to be intoxicated, asked whether they had driven to the diner. The women said they had not driven, and when police asked whether a BMW parked nearby belonged to them, they said it did not.
    Minutes later, officers saw the two women walk to the car. They approached them again, asking whether they had the keys. One of the women said she gave the keys to her brother, who would take them home, according to the statement. Officers suggested the women take a taxi home, but they walked away, police said.
    The pair returned to the car 10 minutes later and told the officers that it was useless for them to keep watching because they could not stop them from driving home, police said. The officers again suggested a taxi.
    Then, police said, one of the women stepped into the street, lifted her skirt, and exposed her buttocks to the officers. The women got into the car at 5:40 a.m. and, despite warnings from the officers, started the engine, leading to Cooke's arrest, police said. She pleaded not guilty to charges of driving under the influence and driving without a license in Boston Municipal Court yesterday.
    "The arresting officer was really trying to save her from herself . . . and potentially other innocents who would be sharing the road with her," said Jake Wark, a spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney's office.
    Attempts to reach Cooke last night were unsuccessful. The lawyer who represented her, Emily Karstetter, did not return a message left at her office last night.
    Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/art...aire_arrested/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    A billion going straight to her lawyers at this rate. Sounds like she has the Paris Hilton disease.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    To steal the words of a known comedian....

"Ya can't fix stupid"
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    And of course there is the old stand by "stupid is as stupid does"

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    A very, very long (and funny...but my personal "statute of limitations" hasn't run out, so I'll have to wait 3 years to tell the whole thing) story short, I nearly got hooked for public intox a couple of years ago in Baltimore on vacation. NEARLY. Why didn't I go?
    OFFICER: "You'd better get your friend's and your asses in that cab, get the fuck outta here and don't let him leave the hotel. ASAP!"

ME: "Yes sir."

I have this conversation with my brother a lot...when people are contacted by the police for any kind of violation (speeding, exp. tag, public intox), why don't some of them realize that if you're nice, courteous and respectful, the worst that can happen is you get a ticket, but the best that can happen is NOT getting a ticket. If you're a prick, however, the best that can happen is a ticket. The worst? Depends on how big of a dick you are. I've had lots of people "nice" their way into a warning. I've also had lots of people "dick" their way into tickets and jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Money doesn't equal brains.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Dumbass!
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

RoJo is offline Warrior Class
    Gotta love these people who think their owed someting because of who they are or know or in this case who their daddy was.
    Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.

Omar Bradley

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJo View Post
    Gotta love these people who think their owed someting because of who they are or know or in this case who their daddy was.
    That's true, but I'd have hooked daddy in the same circumstances too.

"I have a BILLION dollars."

"Good, you won't have trouble making bail."
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Violator: " don't you know WHO I am..?
    Reply: It should be on your drivers license,, please hand it to me.

The bucket-mouth in the car story. Navy buddy and I crossed from Reynosa MX to Mc Allen TX after dinner and some bubbly. My friend's family was well known in the area, both sides of the border. Mutual courtesy and good manners were exchanged. On this night we got a message to pick up his little brother at the Mexican Customs, and take him home to the US side. Seems like the drunk little shit (little brother) got in a beef with a parking lot security officer (off duty Reynosa officer) at "Boys Town". He got the courtesy of a ride to the border.

We picked him up and my friend apologized to, and thanked the Mexican Customs Officers. Crossed the Rio Grande and stopped on the US side. The US Customs Officer asked if we had anything to declare, we said "no-sir", and our USN active duty ID was good to go. Then little brother's drunken voice shouts from the back seat "declare? hell yes, you dumfuck, a sore dick and I gotta piss". With that we went to secondary inspection and that MGB was dismantled. My buddy and I took a cab and little brother was booked for urinating in public/drunk/disorderly. Their father let little brother stay in jail, and he couldnt come home till his older brother's tow bill was paid and it was reassembled.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    "Ya can't fix stupid"
    I was going to say the exact same thing.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    A very, very long (and funny...but my personal "statute of limitations" hasn't run out, so I'll have to wait 3 years to tell the whole thing) story short, I nearly got hooked for public intox a couple of years ago in Baltimore on vacation. NEARLY. Why didn't I go?
    OFFICER: "You'd better get your friend's and your asses in that cab, get the fuck outta here and don't let him leave the hotel. ASAP!"

ME: "Yes sir."

I have this conversation with my brother a lot...when people are contacted by the police for any kind of violation (speeding, exp. tag, public intox), why don't some of them realize that if you're nice, courteous and respectful, the worst that can happen is you get a ticket, but the best that can happen is NOT getting a ticket. If you're a prick, however, the best that can happen is a ticket. The worst? Depends on how big of a dick you are. I've had lots of people "nice" their way into a warning. I've also had lots of people "dick" their way into tickets and jail.
    Its amazing that people don't realize that politeness will get you a long way with just about anybody, cop or not.

Closest I came was at 21 years old, with a 20 year old roomate, both of us trying to sneak beer into a bar. I got the, "we could take you in right now for contributing to the delinquency of a minor." Can't imagine why they didn't, save for it being a busy college bar night and me being about as polite as can be without being patronizing.
    --

Ender

"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon..."

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Once I stopped the CHP Commissioner's EX wife as she was driving 5 of her friends somewhere at 40 in a 25 when I went up to her window she said "young man do you realize who I am?" I couldnt help it I told her "No madam, Do you realize who I am?" She said no and I replied "I'm the officer who is going to cite you for 40 in a 25, license please". The commissioner heard about it and busted a gut laughing.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

nestamarley is offline Drugs are bad..... Mmmmmm Kay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Money doesn't equal brains.
    amen, brother!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I was working a part time at a bar one night and I knew this drunk Mexican was going to try and drive home. I even offered to buy his cab ride home. Because it was closing, and I wanted to go home rather than do a DUI report.

The idiot still tried to drive home. Face it, some people were destined to serve as an example to others.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Older brother came home to a strange car in his driveway. He recognized it as belonging to the incredibly unpleasant (read: SuperBitch) neighbor. Not wanting to go knocking on her door and getting cussed out for his trouble, he called the local boys to come check things out. Come to find out, she'd been cutting her grass and parked her car in my brother's driveway to get it out of the way. I guess she felt entitled to using his property as her alternate parking lot, what a sweetheart. When the officers went to her door though, she was drunker than a warf rat. They explained to her that she had two options: she could either ask my brother very, very nicely if she could leave her car there till the morning, or she could move it. If she moved it, she'd be immediately hooked up for DUI. They explained that it would be in her best interest to be nice for once in her stuck-up life, as if he decided that he didn't want it there, he could have it removed at her expense. Not sure if that part is *entirely* true, but she managed to drag up some civility (barely, and it probably made her sick to do so) and the officers let her know that she needed to be nicer all around to her neighbors.

Every so often, someone will manage to get it through their thick skulls that the officers are trying to help them. It just makes me wonder about people who get an attitude with the cops who would cut them a break.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information