This sucks! They have a single out right now called "Typical" (You can't play me like that, it's a matter of fact. You're not being more than a typical whore...) It's kind of whiny for my tastes, but it became a great anthem for my ex-girlfriend in the days before we broke up. They're a relatively big name nowadays...I hope that it wasn't drug related, but sadly, I'm a pessimist.

-----------------------------------

FORT COLLINS "Tickle Me Pink" bassist Johnny Schou was found dead Tuesday morning at his home in Fort Collins.

The Fort Collins indie-rock quartet had just played several dates on the Vans Warped tour and was to celebrate Tuesday's release of its debut album, "Madeline," with an in-store appearance at Independent Records in Denver this afternoon.

The cause of 22-year-old Schou's death was not released by the Larimer County Coroner's Office. Further information regarding the bands plans, and dates that have been previously announced, will be announced at a later date.

In January the band signed a major recording contract with Wind-Up Records after only a few years on the local music scene.

"I'm digging through my brain trying to find words to describe what's happened this morning. I'm choking on the tragedy, and the bitter irony with everything I can think of to say," wrote Channel 93.3 Program Director Nerf in a statement Tuesday. "On the day that the world was to be exposed to the brilliance of four young men from Fort Collins one of those young men is no longer with us.

"This day that should have been a milestone at the beginning of the band's career is instead the end of the short life of one of their own," he stated. "I speak for the entire staff of Channel 93.3 when I extend my deepest condolences to Johnny's family, friends and fans."

Fans are encouraged to leave their thoughts on the band's MySpace page.

There was also a memorial service for Schou at 937 E. Colfax Ave., Denver, instead of the release party.

"Today was the day we were supposed to be celebrating the bands release of their album nationwide. They were supposed to be down here performing and signing autographs, and instead we're here celebrating a life too short with Johnny, which is just a really, really sad tragedy," said Josh Goodman, a morning DJ for Channel 93.3, at the vigil. "Seeing fans come out here and, you know, sign his poster there and leaving messages of support on their MySpace page, just shows how big of a band these guys were, and how much Johnny was loved in this town."

(The Fort Collins Coloradoan contributed to this report. Copyright KUSA*TV. All rights reserved.)