Welcome to the APBWeb.
    narcodog is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

LSD lced cookies delivered to LEO's

I just read that an 18y.o. punk delivered LSD laced cookies to officers in the Fort Worth area. Beware of folks delivering goodies to PD's.
    "A Knights Oath
    A Knight is sworn to valor; His Heart only knows virtue; His Blade defends the helpless; His Might upholds the weak; His Words speak only the truth; His Wrath undoes the wicked"

Aspire to Inspire

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by narcodog View Post
    I just read that an 18y.o. punk delivered LSD laced cookies to officers in the Fort Worth area. Beware of folks delivering goodies to PD's.
    I don't eat any of the crap that gets dropped off at work for this very reason.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Holy cow.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Especially from punks.

It only takes one rotten apple in the batch to ruin it for the rest of us law abiding citizens who mean no harm and wish to show appreciation.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I don't eat any of the crap that gets dropped off at work for this very reason.
    Ditto.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    This is why I can understand you guys going to a meal break at some place that is trusted or where you can see the meal being made in front of you.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I don't eat food dropped off at the PD either.

I do like playing practical jokes though.

One time one of the secretaries brought in like, 60 cookies or something from a local bakery. On the cover I wrote "With much appreciation, Jane Shithead". Except instead of writing "Jane Shithead" I wrote the name of one of our local female shitheads.

A buddy of mine takes out one of the cookies, exclaims how good it is and says "Who brought these in!?" I flipped the cover over and smiled at him, and he spit the cookie in a trash can and bitched for about an hour before I told him the truth.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    We have a local, really nice partially disabled guy, that boils peanuts and drops them off at the station. I have eaten them many times. Well he has a couple of turd sons (both in prison now) and we wound up serving a search warrant on the house one night. I almost puked from seeing his kitchen and I will never eat another peanut from that man. It was NASTY!

I don't eat anything dropped off at HQ either, unless I know who and where it came from.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Man...I eat the shit out of the things brought up. Most of the time, it ends up being something made by a officer's family or our civy employees, but I really don't even look that hard before I start to get my grub on. I guess one of these days I'm gonna end up high as a motherfucker and I'll have no one else to blame.

EDIT: One time I made a concerted effort not to eat food in our lineup room. I came in and there were about 10 pizzas sitting there. I wondered hypothetically aloud "who brought this up? Kick ass" and grabbed a slice. Well, we had a new guy on our shift who, despite numerous "friendly advice sessions" continued to screw the shift into taking his calls whilst he went and served unpaid seat belt muni warrants and $30 jail cost warrants and didn't really care that it was screwing all of us. Let's call him T.J. Hooker. Well, as questioned aloud where the food came from, he turned the corner and said, "it's from me..eat up, buddy!" I put the slice down and ate elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    This is why I can understand you guys going to a meal break at some place that is trusted or where you can see the meal being made in front of you.
    My brother went to dinner with his wife, father in law and step mother in law a couple weeks ago just to find out that a guy he had arrested that particular week was a chef there. Doesn't attend that resteraunt now. Oh, and then last week he pulled over his wife's boss without knowning who he was. His wife however doesn't comment on my brother's profession at work, and her boss hasn't made the connection.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I take goodies to my local dept all the time, but I never did until long after I'd established relationships and trust there. Even then, I asked first if it was alright for me to bring something in.

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A teenager is suspected of delivering baskets of drug-laced treats to about a dozen police departments in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, according to police who charged him Tuesday with LSD possession. At least three officers have gotten sick.
    Christian Phillips denied trying to contaminate the goodies or harm anyone.

The 18-year-old man was arrested after taking cookies to the Lake Worth police station, said Brett McGuire, the suburb's police chief. Officers there had been tipped off that someone was falsely claiming to deliver treats on behalf of Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

"Our officers took a good whiff and thought they smelled like marijuana," McGuire said, adding that preliminary tests instead detected traces of LSD.
    Christian Phillips was taken into custody and later charged with possession of the powerful hallucinogen, although the charge may be changed, McGuire said.

The suspect denied trying to contaminate the goodies or harm anyone and said one of his friends might have been smoking pot while Phillips was baking, McGuire said. The suspect is not affiliated with MADD, the chief said.

Phillips remained jailed in Lake Worth, Texas, pending an arraignment Wednesday. Bail had not been set, and he did not have an attorney yet, McGuire said.

In Fort Worth, at least three officers got sick after eating some cookies and candy from a basket delivered to that police station Monday night, authorities said.

Police there are conducting tests and plan to file charges if LSD or another drug or chemical is found in the food, said Lt. Paul Henderson.
    Lake Worth investigators found that Phillips had a list of about two dozen police departments in north Texas, with 13 checked off, McGuire said. It's unclear whether anyone else got sick because some deliveries were made in the past week.

Police in Blue Mound, Texas, found traces of marijuana in the treats, he said. Blue Mound police tipped off Lake Worth after receiving a call from MADD that no one was delivering cookies on its behalf.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    What a piece of shit.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

213th is offline Solipsist
    actually the kid has been released after testing showed that there weren't any illicit substances in the cookies

http://www.officerresource.com/lawsi...per&Itemid=180
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Thread Information