Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Black Hole is a racist term???

Hey TXCharlie and anyone else who might reside in the Dallas Ft Worth area. WTH is going on with your Commissioners and Judges? Or did these two matriculate to Dallas from the likes of Riley and Nagin over in New Orleans?

I thought some type of education was needed to be a Commissioner or a Judge.

Read some of the comments. Some are quite amusing.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...-turns-ra.html

Dallas County officials spar over 'black hole' comment

5:34 PM Mon, Jul 07, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Kevin Krause E-mail News tips

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Someone needs remedial science classes. Next thing you know, they're going to be pissed off about a black tie affair, thinking it means a noose or some dumb shit.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Now that is just stupid.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Stupid should hurt.

"Stupid should hurt."

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    OMG that is so incredibly stupid. They had to have an agenda or something, no one can be that stupid. That reminds me of the controversy several years ago about the use of the word "niggardly" and claims that it is a racist term, which was equally stupid.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Maybe it's a conspiracy to distract people from the fact that the office, in its top-secret supercollider physics experiments, really did manage to inadvertently create a black hole that will soon engulf the entire universe, and they just don't want people to panic before the end!

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    This is starting to get out of hand!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    stupidity at its finest.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    John Wiley Price is an asshole, not a black hole. He's been creating contraversity in Dallas for 20 years.

A few years ago, he and his cronies were marching in busy streets with bullhorns daring people to run over them (and a few tried to oblidge him). I think that was because Dallas refused to accept bids from some minority-owned businesses that had been accused of sloppy/creative bookeeping, and something about the Dallas retirement system being racist. I'm not sure what the merits were in either case, but a couple of those same business owners and politicians associated with them were later charged with corruption, bribery, and other assorted crimes arising from FBI investigations.

During that time Price chaged some lady with assault for trying to run over him, but later news footage showed her creeping along at less than 1 MPH trying to get through, and John Wiley Price stepped in front of her mini-van on purpose trying to block her way, then JUMPED on the vehicle, ripped off her windshield wiiper, and started screaming at everone that she had just tried to run him down.

I think in the end, him and his followers were ticketed for blocking traffic and violating noise ordinances with the bullhorns, so they started marching silently on the sidewalks

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    stupidity at its finest.
    I thought that myself. This is not just plain stupid, it is stoopid.

After reading the recent thread posted here on the New Orleans officer who was retiring after 35 years on the job and being chastised and suspended for wearing the wrong uniform shirt to work on his last day, to the point of possibly losing his retirement.

http://www.officerresource.com/forum...ad.php?t=29011

Then I read this? WTH? Do these guys just sit around and plot crap like this to make themselves look good? At everyone else's expense? That doesn't belong to their race?

I know we have our fair share of race baiting going on in Southern California, but GOOD GRIEF!!!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Hey BC - What am I supposed to call those things I eat with mayo now? Dark eyed peas? Peas with a dark spot? And how do I describe my truck if it is stolen? A VERY dark Z71? No clue on our uniform color.

Seriously folks, I believe that racism is partially, not totally, kept alive by some of the people that profess to want it to end. (That and a few idiots that aren't going to be happy with anything, and those few that want to blame minority groups for taking all the jobs that they would probably never apply for in the first place)
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Think Rev Al is needed down there to stir this bullshite up some more. LOL!! Ok, maybe not!

Maybe she thought she was called a Black Hoe or Black A-Hole!

Takes the biggest racist to turn a Scientific Term in Space "A Black Hole" in to any thing other then what it is, a region of space where the gravitational field is so powerful that nothing can escape.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Think Rev Al is needed down there to stir this bullshite up some more. LOL!! Ok, maybe not!
    Who knows, they probably all live together. Jackson, Sharpton, Nagin, Riley, Price, Jones, etc.

Maybe she thought she was called a Black Hoe or Black A-Hole!
    Personally, I think he is an asshole who just happens to be black.

Takes the biggest racist to turn a Scientific Term in Space "A Black Hole" in to any thing other then what it is, a region of space where the gravitational field is so powerful that nothing can escape.
    I'll have to agree with you there, call them for what they are.

Not a LEO

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Who knows, they probably all live together. Jackson, Sharpton, Nagin, Riley, Price, Jones, etc.

Personally, I think he is an asshole who just happens to be black.

Got that right, assholes come in all colors and nationalities!

I am sure Jackson, Sharpton, Nagin, Riley, Price, Jones and their likes all went to the same school of hate and racism. As far as living together, can't say, but one thing for sure is they will probably all wind up in the same place in their next life, where they belong, HELL!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Yeah, they can all reside with all the cop killers, murderers, and pedophiles that will be there to greet them.

Not a LEO

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    No more black outs , black eyes and please do not take your coffee black , you racist honkies.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information